Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lpg backfiring helppp

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Oh okay nah it's just got the normal fuel injectors and the gas thingy on the right hand side

Ok. I’d probably hazard a guess that the mixer needs a rebuild or replacement. Hardly worth it with current LPG prices leaving zero advantage over 91 ron.

Holdenvycommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY COMMODORE S2 ACCLAIM V6
Okay well I go down to the service place when I get paid from work and see what they find on it ..

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Wagon - ex. cop car, HZ 1 Ton Ute, 67 Impala
Vapour and Gas injection doesn't actually backfire.

One of the biggest reasons why I went for vapour injection.
It.might just be your technique when starting it. You must keep your foot of the gas or else the starter will quit. Then when you turn the key again you'll get a backfire. Will also backfire if you give it a bootful off idle. You have to feather the throttle.
Main reason is the distance between the mixer and the throttle. It is better to have the volume below the throttle than above.

Holdenvycommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY COMMODORE S2 ACCLAIM V6
Nah it starts fine on gas but all of a sudden just backfires out of no where like will run good for a day driving in town doing 50kmh but when I go and take it on a road that's 80kmh it backfires...it's got me stumped bad...

Pandacrash

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore 98 calais
What's been changed since it started back firing .I put a brand new set of leads and plugs and mine started backfiring turns out cheap leads was the problem not sure which leads i ended up getting sorry but they were thicker

jeepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
Nah it starts fine on gas but all of a sudden just backfires out of no where like will run good for a day driving in town doing 50kmh but when I go and take it on a road that's 80kmh it backfires...it's got me stumped bad...
Have you changed DFI module? Another possibility is vacuum leaks. Those Sprint Gas mixers are pretty crappy design. You need to clamp it tight against the throttle with a big clamp then do up the screws.