Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LPG Conversion Price Increase....VTII Wagon

nmldb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II Berlina Wagon
4 weeks ago a local LPG converter quoted me $3,800 to do conversion to LPG/petrol on a VT II Berlina Auto wagon 3.8.

Today, after I heard about the $2K rebate announced, same converter quoted $4,400. 2 month wait.

Now I'm not being cynical mind you, but you have to wonder.........

nmldb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II Berlina Wagon
Yes, I know Bennzy......

......but I'm in Canberra, EVERYTHING here is overpriced. Quite a consistant quote from a few places here today I'm afraid. Might have to investigate a trip to Sydney if I want a conversion - can probably link it up with a visit to friends as well.

gogoboygareth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Commodore Exec
I'd like to get this thread kick-started so we can get people to post telling us how much it cost them to do the conversion, and who they went through...

I'm extremely interested now this rebate is going ahead, but not if the companies are going to increase prices to eat up the savings!!!!

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
The moment I heard on the news the government was thinking of a $1000 to $1500 rebate for LPG fitment that there would be a mad scrabble with gas installers hastily rewriting thier price signs...:whistling :yeah:

I'm really interested in anyone who has a VX Ecotec sedan fitted with gas...how effective is it? What is the power like? What system is best? Any reliability issues? Did you lose much boot space?
The reason I ask here is that I rather more trust the opinions of ordinary people who have lived with it for a while than the glowing recommendations of a fitter at a business who just want to make a sale...

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
i have heard that for ecotechs you should put the genuine factory lpg conversion. there are some issues with the aftermarket stuff on the ecotechs.

i think i read it somewhere hear on the forums

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
vapour-injection LPG seems to be recognised as the best generally available. Very little if any loss in power, some cars (holden 5.7 litre particularly) some have found a slight increase in torque and power

There is a liquid injection system, however still in development. Will see incredible increases in economy and around 15% (I think) increase in power

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
SO WHERE CAN YOU GET IT DONE??? who do you have to go through to get one?

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
Heeno good to see a fellow Ford man at heart....lol

I believe most places have caught up on the vapour injection systems..just have a ring around

Trevor 062

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SSV REDLINE & 07 VZ ACCLAIM WAGON
I can imagine next year when thousands convert to gas,the demand for gas will rise,next minute prices will rise..
Then everyone back to square one.... Visious Circle..