Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LPG Conversion

vel0052

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering how much it would cost to convert a VX to LPG and is direct injection available on the ecotec, or is it only available on the alloytec's? Also I live in Melbourne so recommendations for places would be great :D

Thanks!

M

mwb235

Hi,

Just wondering how much it would cost to convert a VX to LPG and is direct injection available on the ecotec, or is it only available on the alloytec's? Also I live in Melbourne so recommendations for places would be great :D

Thanks!

For a VX (being pre-Jan 2004) there's three systems available - old school mixer, vapour injection, and liquid injection.

Personally i'd recommend vapour injection, but it's a matter of opinion. I like the Impco-BRC Sequent Plug & Drive system (I have this in my VT) as it's an aftermarket version of the Sequent system used by Holden in the factory LPG VE's.

Take a look at my post #2 in this thread it should help.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vt-vx-holden-commodore-1997-2002/151831-vx-gas.html

This website shoud help with finding an installer:

http://www.impco.com.au/installers.aspx

MkyHnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E 253 Project - BMW 328i Coupe Daily
i know people who work at impco, and LPGAS1 in lilydale uses the impco systems which personally i think run the best on the ecotecs... im getting mine done soon aswell.

dont forget that the government gives 1500 dollar cash-back with conversions so it shouldnt be too expensive. cheers

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
i've had mine on gas for the last 10 months no real issues other than switch over time when first installed runs perfectly now don't know why some ppl say it needs a tune every 3 months

the government is giving away some cash .....i say go for it

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
he'll only get the mixer one about $2400