Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LPG Convertor Rebuild (Membranes) Advice/Pointers??

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
That's why petrol is cheaper, the cost repairing LPG systems burn up all your savings..

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Did you get the download I sent?

MrVZS2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZS2
Could try take it into a machine shop and ask what they can do with it can either skim it as is or fill in the indents with weld and skim it or might make you new one cheap enough

If I cant get a decent second hand one, I might actually consider doing what you say. They could fill the indents and then shave it flat, I have thought about that over the past 24-48 hours...

Definitely an option*

MrVZS2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZS2
That's why petrol is cheaper, the cost repairing LPG systems burn up all your savings..

I get 2 weeks of running from $40 of gas. Definitely worth the $$$ @ 85 cents per litre..
Like anything, you should maintain it and just do the service at recommended intervals.
Frustrating when you get handed another mans abuse of maintenance* lol..

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I get 2 weeks of running from $40 of gas. Definitely worth the $$$ @ 85 cents per litre..
Like anything, you should maintain it and just do the service at recommended intervals.
Frustrating when you get handed another mans abuse of maintenance* lol..
I haven't filled my LPG tank for about 4 months, its running on red now, I paid 58.9c P/L . Only thing I had to replace is 3 air boxes and a regulator.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Fix your ignition system then.
Thanks, one time was due to a bad plug, once was the mechanics fault to much fuel assist and one other time when my regulator was leaking allowing to much straight liquid, I was told a backfire flap would stop that well that was the biggest waste of 50 bucks boom.. Not to bad over 9 years on lpg.

MrVZS2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZS2
Well, I had to bite the bullet and buy a new converter. The good news is for the price of a new converter $450, I obtained a new type silver colored Genius max converter (Supersedes all previous models of Genius Max black box models) , a new lock off valve with filter and the USB cable with microprocessor and software for BRC/Impco systems. Should keep me going for a while :)

To anyone with an LPG converter, make sure you change your membranes and O-rings at least every 5 years or 80,000 klms for the sake of $50. I'm not sure what the manual service interval says, but I think that would be a rough guide to prolong the life of your LPG system and gas converter.

I haven't obtained the manual yet, is there a special way of bleeding the cooling pipes down to the converter when fitting a new one?
I was basically going to hook it all up, disconnect at the top where they connect to the heater hoses and fill them manually until the coolant is level to the very top and then re-fit them to the heater hoses where they tap into the system and then go through the normal routine of bleeding the system with the overflow clamped and air bleeder open on the front right of the radiator until coolant starts dripping and then keep topping up until the thermostat opens and I see a good swirl happening...

Open to suggestions? lol...