Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lpg Cuts in and out Intermittently

Nick86

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 Vs Commodore Berlina V6
Hello everyone, I've got a WL Statesman with lpg (aftermarket) i've recently had the tank re-stamped but ever since i had bought it, the car when on lpg suddenly cuts out when running on gas and the motor runs really really rough like it shakes the whole car and i can hear the tank valve sounding like its opening and closing really fast sometimes with the gas switch lights suddenly turning off sometimes. When the lights on the gas switch suddenly turn off it sometimes sounds like it just doesn't get power and either switches it back to petrol or runs rough as mentioned above which is in most cases it is upset by bumps on the road, heavy throttle or stop start movement most times. The orange light being the petrol gas switch comes back on and off randomly going over bumps. With it being green when it runs on gas. (it is a tartini gas system) Though when it runs on gas and when being on a smooth road it does work it runs fine with no issues. Its just when rough roads and what else i have mentioned above make it turn it self off. Would this be worth fixing or could it be something simple such as an earth wire?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Sounds like a loose wire, best to wiggle each wire while the car is running until it cuts out, could also be your switchover in the car failing. Only way is to go over the wiring, start at battery check for loose earth wires to cars body then move to the fuse box cleaning the fuses and relays with contact cleaner making sure the connecting pins are a snug fit, after that then check your LPG module harness for loose or damaged wires and check the cut off valves wiring, also the pulse wire.
Being gas your plugs leads and coils have to be 100% perfect as LPG needs premium spark as it fires at a much higher voltage than fuel. If your car has backfired then maybe a vacuum line has popped off or the honeycomb has damaged on the MAF. Check the air intake pipe for leaks past the MAF, only one other possible thing after that is your regulator seals are farked leaking to much gas to your plenum flooding the system and shutting off your solenoid valves.