Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LPG Direct Injection on 5.7L??

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
Hi guys,

Just purchased an '02 VX II Berlina 5.7L Station Wagon. Has 126,000kms.

I want to fit it with direct injection LPG. Can you guys give me any advice on what systems to look out for? What has been proven to work well? Does anyone know a reputable shop in the Western Suburbs of Melbourne that are both good quality work, good systems and good value. What are peoples experiences. Wanting to get this done asap so your help and advice are much appreciated.

Cheers, Joey :thumbsup:

alby1976

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Grange Gen3, VF Calais V Wagon, VY Calais L67
Got mine done in Adelaide, brand is Landi, cost me $4.5k
Runing costs dropped from $80/week to around $30/week, with more power mid range, and a really good top end. Just make sure that your O2 sensors are good, and maybe get a new set of plug leads (mine caused a small misfire until i replaced them, as gas is a bit more fussy.)
Starts on fuel, then automatically switches to gas when you hit 1400 rpm, but you can switch it back to petrol at will.
On the open road get an average of 10k/L (WH Grange), but I also have a K&N air filter and a modified airbox to let it breath.
I recommed direct injection lpg, more power than petrol and cheaper to run. (5.7L Gen 3)
Also, as it starts on petrol, it 'lubes' the valve assembly to help avoid the valves burning.

V8Silverfox

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 VZ SS A4
^^^^ Not trying to knock an LPG install or anything, but that means it going to take you over a year and a half to break even? That's on saving $50 per week on petrol and doesn't include the new plug leads. You really have to decide to keep your car for at least 2 years to actually gain back the installation costs!

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
^^^^ Not trying to knock an LPG install or anything, but that means it going to take you over a year and a half to break even? That's on saving $50 per week on petrol and doesn't include the new plug leads. You really have to decide to keep your car for at least 2 years to actually gain back the installation costs!

Good point, but some got LPG done with the government rebate which made it quite cheap. I'm not sure if they still do a rebate, but worth looking into....

TonyJZX

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore M6
the rebate is still at $1,500 but only for the next 5 months i believe

also the excise on lpg is going up but that shouldn't matter since it's so much cheaper than 91

i'd be interested in doing this

anyone got a hookup in sydney? be interested to see vapour vs. liquid