Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LPG issues on 07 omega

taxi

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore
4 months ago i had my 07 omega installed with a orbital liquid injection system, fantastic system but i have recently had a few issues, when raining while breaking hard or turning right the engine will cut out.

the car has 260 000 on the clock

I have had it back to the installer he is stumped Hes been in contact with the manufacturer and he is also stumped as to what is causing it there are no error codes in the cars ecu or in the lpg system ecu.

the vehicle is not running lean there are no loose wires or plugs/connections. It is the first time that they have seen this sort of thing has anyone had the same experience with lpg and know what the problem is.

I am also having my 08 sv6 taxi installed with the same system on monday as i do not like the vapur injection systems that are currently out as they cause to many error codes and running issues with coil packs, check engine warnings fuel pumps ect.....

we average around 10,000km per month per car so vapur is simply out of the question as the issues arise after the 100,000 mark.

If anyone could steer me in the right direction as to what I would be looking for as I have been over the fuel lines and wiring with a fine tooth comb i would appreciate it.

taxi

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore
Its ok I found the problem :) it was a loose LPG hose on the back of the firewall

rjhoomuck

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve 60th anniversary 2008
Ve Omega Lpg Conversion

Its ok I found the problem :) it was a loose LPG hose on the back of the firewall

Hello, I am looking to install the Vapour Lpg system on my VE...has anyone did any conversion to their ve? Any problem at any point? Any recommended place to do the conversion in Melbourne?

Thx

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
Im thinking of converting my ve too to vsi so i would like to know about this too

rjhoomuck

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve 60th anniversary 2008
Im booked in march at south east lpg in rowville...
They seem to be alright

rjhoomuck

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve 60th anniversary 2008
Vapour injection installed in my ve last week... (this is my third LPG car but first one converted by me). The system has been installed by south east LPG in Rowville Vic.
The car runs ok,,no problem at all for the first day. I did not feel any loss of power.
On the first day went for a refill, the digital display shows only one led light on,even after driving a 100 kms on the same day and today, after 300kms the reading is still same..
The needle on the tank is stuck in between 1/4 and 1/2 tank. I went back to the LPG place and i was told its because there is AIR in the tank which is lighter than LPG and this is why the floater is not moving. I was advised to run the whole lpg out and come back if the problem is still there. Does anyone know the exact issue there?

Also after the third day, cold morning i noticed white smoke from the engine bay while waiting at the traffic lights. I went directly to the place and there was a loose water pipe which he fixed. Yesterday on my way back home the engine temperature gauge was almost touching the red lines and the fans pumping to the max. Waited the car to cool down and it drank 1.5litres of water.

After these issues i am in doubt and starting to regret the conversion, however this place is quite well known and i had some good feedbacks about them. Never had these issues on my VY commodore and FORD Falcon BA