Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lpg problem - check engine light?

DaveIsDaily

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VE 2006
Hey guys,

Im new to the site and im new to car problems also haha,

so basically i am looking to buy a second hand car and it is an LPG/Petrol converted car, it is a Holden Commodore Omega V (2006) 4D Sedan 4 SP Automatic GAS/PETROL.

Now the problem that i face is that while on a test drive of this car, we flicked it LPG and the check engine light came on.. now i know that their are usually codes that tell you whats wrong, but i was just wondering whether this is a common problem, if anyone else has experienced this or whether it shouldn't be happening.

I'm relying on what the owner has said as to this is a common problem with the model of car, although i am unsure!

help or advise would be appreciated :)

thank you!

riSScky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 2003 & VE SII SS MY12
I don't know anything about LPG but a check engine light coming on is NOT normal. RUN, RUN AWAY.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I tend to agree , walk away from that one , could be a whole can of worms when opened

1_johnboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
11` VE Omega
could be a simple issue with the gas, but been an 06 model my issue would be the chains.

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
What is the owners take on it. My gut feeling would be agreement with the above run away as if its so simple common problem why hasnt the owner fixed the issue before sale. My guess is its not simple probably expensive hence the reason why he is offloading the car. Does it run any good on lpg anything out of the ordinary? The factory lpg system in the VE commodore is designed to not log codes on lpg unless a true problem exists. Could be anything from oxygen sensors to lpg injectors etc. If its a good buy and does run fine on petrol and if your willing to run it on petrol and spend money fixing the gas up it might be worth a look. I have a 09 model on lpg and runs fine however when I looked at it it didnt log any codes if it did I doubt I would have bought it without knowing the exact issue.