Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LPG problem

marshcory

marshy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 , VP exec , XE Falcon ;)
hey guys

i bort this **** heap car on the weekend and we were driving it back and it only will start or run on gas. anyways i live along way out of town the car has no plates due to its not registered and its rough as guts. anyway of filling up the gas tank without towing the car to the petrol station?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
you can get a hose made up to goto the filler from a 9Kg BBQ bottle my mates old man got one made highly ilegal hose i think. but his falcon was gas only so hose was allways in the boot in case it was needed

jace123

jckoolio
Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 94 VR Executive
sounds lke the last owner never ran it on fuel and only on gas = injectors cloged

marshcory

marshy
Reaction score
Members Ride
is it alot of work to get the injectors clean? would start ya bastard work if we pumped that in? because perferably i would rather get the thing on petrol. but the bloke i bort it off said it was mainly tuned for lpg.. so is it hard to tune it for petrol?

jace123

jckoolio
Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 94 VR Executive
sorry mate start ya bastard wouldn't work coz you spar that into the air intake witch dosn't go threw the injectors, injectors are what puts the fuel into the chamber...
and sorry its not as easy as it sounds
Fuel Injector Cleaning: How to Clean Fuel Injectors

marshcory

marshy
Reaction score
Members Ride
ah k. so when i get the injectors clean it would have a greater chance of starting on fuel?

jace123

jckoolio
Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 94 VR Executive
greater chance, yes... 100% chance no... there's other things it could be as always... i cant realy narrow it down unless i was there and could have a look at it sorry bud