Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LPG stuff

GreenGremlin

Reaction score
Website
www.brockcommodores.com
Members Ride
VK Calais
Ive been doin some research on LPG and whats out there, I've had do to some reasearch as I'm gonna head down the straight LPG path,

Ive noticed a few other threads on here in the past that Ive found useful, so i thought i'd return the favour with some links to some sites that I have found informative RE: LPG

with this link have a read and think VK cold air tray...
http://www.ramairbox.com/product.html

this one is a good general site to navigate around to findout some more stuff on LPG
http://cars.rasoenterprises.com/Propane-Carburetion.htm

http://cars.rasoenterprises.com/

any way enjoy, if anyone knows of the actual height of an impco 425 can you post details here, I'm trying to work out if i need to cut a hole in the bonnet.

enjoy.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Cane_It said:
any way enjoy, if anyone knows of the actual height of an impco 425 can you post details here, I'm trying to work out if i need to cut a hole in the bonnet.

enjoy.

I wouldn't think they would make them bulky oversized units. My gas snorkel is about 4 inches or more high where it mounts on the carb, so surely it wouldn't be that big.

bennzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX II Berlina GenIII V8 5.7
ive never seen or heard a gas mechanic needing to do that to a bonnet, my gen3 converter is tucked away, im amazed on how they put it in, with such little room to work with

GreenGremlin

Reaction score
Website
www.brockcommodores.com
Members Ride
VK Calais
Slim said:
I wouldn't think they would make them bulky oversized units. My gas snorkel is about 4 inches or more high where it mounts on the carb, so surely it wouldn't be that big.

wouldnt have thought so either, but i cant just run a slim aircleaner to reduce height as the mixer is housed inside it.
I have to run a quaddy baseplate as a throttlebody (i have a good one handy)
as a result i have to run an adaptor plate to the 425 as it bolts straight onto a holley base plate but i would need an adaptor anyway to get the holley plate to mount onto the holden manifold (I have both but would rather the quaddy plate as its recently been rebuilt)
I know that the quaddy baseplate + adaptor + impco 425 (to the bottom of the aircleaner is 105mm, I was told by someone else that you need to run a 3 inch aircleaner to house the mixer, which gives me 181mm height if my info is correct, its gonna be close I reckon.

bennzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX II Berlina GenIII V8 5.7
Cane_It, do you live in melbourne if do, i can give you a gas mechanic number to give you advice about the converter and to tell you that u dont need to cut into the bonnet.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Have a bit of a look around for prices that LPG places sell. My local LPG joint said he wanted me to pay $300 for a new IMPCO 300A mixer and I ended up getting one off ebay in great condition for $40! That guy reckoned you couldn't get a new diaphragm kit for it.