Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LPG Systems

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON
my gas system runs fine minimal loss of power :D

jr689

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VYII S 3.8L M5
my gas system runs fine minimal loss of power :D

Yea same here mate I can't even notice a difference, as I said it actually seems to run smoother on gas :S

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
mine runs great on gas with no real loss of power either,ive got gas research straight gas and i would never go back to petrol or dual fuel again.

TonyJZX

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore M6
jr689,

who did your install? is that $3,200 before the Julia cashback?

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
mine runs great on gas with no real loss of power either,ive got gas research straight gas and i would never go back to petrol or dual fuel again.

so what happens on the odd chance you run out of fuel? need to be towed?

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
^^^yep would need a tow, but theres no reason to run out of gas i always know how much ive got and have never ran out.

jr689

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VYII S 3.8L M5
jr689,

who did your install? is that $3,200 before the Julia cashback?

Company called Newgas, the bloke who owns it is an absolute top bloke and great to deal with even teaches lpg installations at tafe apparently.

And yea that price is before the rebate, so basically it's only $1,700 out of my pocket...

I think he stuffed up with the kit he ordered cause a week before the install he told me that he ordered the kit and then a couple of days later I called to see if we were all still good to go ahead with the set date and that's when he offered me gas injection for a little bit more... Either way I'm more than happy and I recommend that company to anyone!

bricat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 Calais 5.7 A4
Ther are a lot of mechanics out there who know very little about gas. It is not what they say but how the car performs is what counts. I have had gas on cars for years and years and was paying 8cents per litre at the start and having backfires when you put your foot flat to the floor. Ignition leads/plugs at the right gap will more than likely solve this problem Have now got gas injection on ls1 and it flies. Daughter has venturi system on V6 and it goes well. You really do need to find a mechanic that knows his stuff. You have tried 3 but I'm sure there are many more. Google gas installers and then start trying. You will find someone who knows his stuff. Even ring the gas accreditation board for some mechanics. That doesn't mean they know how to tune it properly it just means they have passed an installers course. Above all don't give up. As for running costs I pay half of what my petrol bill was per year. So you work out how long it will take to actually save money. cheers Brian