Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lpg

VT2VEight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Chev V8
Just thought I'd let everyone know about my Gas conversion on my Gen3. Just picked it up now. There doesnt seem to be much of a difference in accelaration. I do have an issue with the powertrain warning light staying on. Also after I filled the tank to max, ive noticed a bit of a lag in kickdown response. Ill have to take it back and see if my mechanic can address these issues. I Dynoed my car last week, and i will be doing another dyno on Mon/Tues to see the difference in power after the conversion. I'll let everyone know how that goes.

VT2VEight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Chev V8
I've got a sprint gas direct injection system fitted. Took three days to get it done.

bennzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX II Berlina GenIII V8 5.7
havent heard of sprint gas direct injection system before, that maybe why ur power light is on but i would of thought it would of been traction control light always on instead but then again i maybe wrong

Dezza

your local HSV dealer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
hows it chewing the juice now? getting heaps more kms outta it?

VT2VEight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Chev V8
As with petrol it depends on the driving style. Last week I managed 410km for about 53litres of LPG (approx $24.50 @ 45.9cpl). This week ive done about 170km and the half dots have appeared. Consumption is around the 16l/100km mark. Also a very strange thing happened two days ago. At the very beginning of my conversion about 4 weeks ago my car lost about 70kw at the wheels and was driving like ****. As it turned out it was not gas related, rather the knock sensors. I was intending to get it fixed this week, but two days ago my car just started working perfectly. No powertrain warning light, no doughy accelaration and instant response. Im thinkng there was probably some water or maybe some K&N filter oil under the manifold and it was making comupter sense faulty knock sensors... Who knows I'll see how the next few days pan out and if it still seems to be okay I'll get a dyno done next week.

But yeah im loving the economy and the cheap petrol bills. If this power issue remains okay, then Ill say that the $3800 i spent was well worth it. Ill be getting the $2000 bak this week, so it will make it more sweet.
:thumbsup: