Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ls conversion

Fisticuffs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs
Hey team, im hoping someone can help me with a few questions about the ls1 as I’m looking at putting one in a car and require some information.

Is the vt manual t-56 a slip yolk tail shaft?

What size fittings are on the power steering pump and if possible can someone add a picture of the pump that shows the pressure port location?

Cheers, glen

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
What car? Pics floating around the net seem to indicate it's a slip in.

Fisticuffs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs
What car? Pics floating around the net seem to indicate it's a slip in.

It’s going in an s15 Nissan haha so not exactly a straightforward swap, hence looking for some minor details.
Thanks for that, I initially found it was a slip yolk but that was a year or so ago so just wanted confirmation on that

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
not exactly a straightforward swap

Would disagree, LS the world. Pretty much can get the conversion parts straight off the shelf for any Silvia, just look up Sikky off the top of my head.

This conversion is suuuuper common (especially in the States), I'd find a few build threads that will give you a much better idea of what you can do, particularly around the PS pump and starter motor, any Silvia LS build thread, the engine bays between models are essentially identical for all intensive purposes.

I take it this is a skidder? How much track time do you have and is the SR20 still in good shape?