Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 + 4L60E Stand alone wiring harness...

kcuf

Reaction score
Members Ride
351 KC Centura
enginebayplug.JPG

the wires in this plug are

- Black/White (Earth) (cut this off at the first splice near injectors in the loom and removed
- Light Green (Ignition1, passenger bank) 12v fused Joined with Ignition 2 and fed fused 12v
- Dark Green (A/C plug) depends on your air con if you need this
- Red (Ignition 2, Drivers side bank) 12v fused see above
- Orange (Pin 6 on TAC module (16 pin plug) needs 12v when brake pressed see below
- Orange/Black (PCM 42 Blue) low speed fan relay earth trigger
- Brown (PCM 65 Green) deleted
- Pink/Blue (Large round plug on Auto Trans) 12v fused to auto trans

a few minor updates above in BOLD i just finished my harness last night, seems like it took forever but its done now at least! heres to hoping it works first go. minor things i've got left are hooking up speedo/tach/cruise control etc

note on the pin 33 wire that goes to the PCM connector blue, what i did was just get a 5 pin relay (the ones that have an 87a terminal), hooked up 12v feed to pin 30, the wire that goes to the pcm pin 33 goes to pin 87a, then use your brake switch to either feed 12v or earth the relay, each time you trigger the relay with a brake press being connected to the 87a terminal it will break the connection and switch to 87, you can feed to the other pin on the PCM which needs 12v on brake press, which is the orange wire above that goes to pin 6 of the TAC module, solves it with minimal wiring, just depends if your brake switch earths on contact or supplys 12v as to which way you wire 85 and 86

just waiting for my PCM to come back now, and finish my fuel system and a few other bits, daniel at chipmaster was the go for a mailorder tune, $400 mafless including removing all the vats and bits you dont need.

kcuf

Reaction score
Members Ride
351 KC Centura
an Edit to the above also for future reference, dont hook the Orange wire (pin 6 of TAC plug) up to the 87 terminal of the relay, i found out after i was trying to get cruise working that this circuit needs to see the resistance of the brake light circuit to let cruise activate, so i joined that wire straight to the brake circuit wire and now cruise control works perfect.... (will be handy for yourself or someone else in the future)

elliottfpv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ls1 silvia
hey i need some help im trying to get a vy ls1 going that i have put in a s13 silvia i have had the vats removed and running the standard wiring harness i would like to keep the dash cluster
if anyone could tell me the wires i need to find in the pcm to start the thing that would be great
and can you bypass the bcm

arong

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy commodore vz commodore hr holden
a few minor updates above in BOLD i just finished my harness last night, seems like it took forever but its done now at least! heres to hoping it works first go. minor things i've got left are hooking up speedo/tach/cruise control etc

note on the pin 33 wire that goes to the PCM connector blue, what i did was just get a 5 pin relay (the ones that have an 87a terminal), hooked up 12v feed to pin 30, the wire that goes to the pcm pin 33 goes to pin 87a, then use your brake switch to either feed 12v or earth the relay, each time you trigger the relay with a brake press being connected to the 87a terminal it will break the connection and switch to 87, you can feed to the other pin on the PCM which needs 12v on brake press, which is the orange wire above that goes to pin 6 of the TAC module, solves it with minimal wiring, just depends if your brake switch earths on contact or supplys 12v as to which way you wire 85 and 86

just waiting for my PCM to come back now, and finish my fuel system and a few other bits, daniel at chipmaster was the go for a mailorder tune, $400 mafless including removing all the vats and bits you dont need.

hi mate did you need to to keep the pim to get everything working?