Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 astra wtf

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
I would rather have an Astra LS2 than any Holden LS2... what's so freakin' great about Holdens except for their drivetrains? Not very much, and definately not quality... probably the same quality as an Astra!

This is what the Torana used to be, small light car with big V8. Actually no, that would be the Barina wouldn't it?

If Holdens made an Astra sized "Torana" with a TTV6 I think it would sell well and be popular, but that's just me

if holden made something like that id be so happy i love cars like that and ive always wanted a V8 torana

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
that thing would be scary fast front wheel drive? no fun at all

couldnt be bothered reading it all but it looks like he converted it to rear wheel drive with that tunnel he welded in

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
that is an awsome conversion

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
What a beast!! What a beasT!!!!

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
lol yeah heres this v8 comin up the road you look around to see an astra i probably wouldnt stop laughing for an hour

I bet you also think Torana A9X's and SL/R5000's are stupid and should have had the starfire 4 instead?

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
What's to laugh at? It's an Astra with a 6.0 litre V8 in it. It's a ****ing awesome transplant. I'd buy it for sure if i had the spare money laying around. If it's power you were after it would be a winner winner chicken dinner. LS2's are fast in 1500kg+ Commodores, imagine how fast it would be in an Astra with probably weighs around the 1100kg mark or some ****.

Astra is 1300-1400kg from memory, still a good 2-300kg lighter than a Commodore though, so yes, big win :)

really?
i reckon astra would be fricken unreal

Oh for sure, they'd both be fun. The MX5 would handle better and weighs about 300kg less though ;)

youve answered your own question an astra with a V8 its just ridiculous

Your idea of what makes a good car sounds ridiculous... :p

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Probably the best Astra I've ever seen! Bit of a shame a Monaro got chopped up for it though :(

love the general

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute daily hj gts project
i love it imagine the power to weight ratio i'd love to have a real quiet exhaust and pull up next to ricers at the lights. If i could have one i would