Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] ls1 cam!

17UCK!

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs III commodore ute
i think im goin with a 232/234 around that. but ive heard that u can get about the same power and better fuel with some newer one cuz the 232/234 is an old cam aparently. just gota find out what it is haha :D

BradSV8

Nitrous Junkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
so the lsa the higher it is the lumpey the car will be?

No the higher LSA tends too smooth out the idle and gives a broader power band, a tighter LSA will make the idle choppy and tightens up the power band. As far as street cams go I prefer a smaller cam but tighter LSA. The car 96SEN8R is talking about is my car and it is awesome to drive on the street and is still good for mid 11's at the track.

bortous

Mad max 101
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ CLUBSPORT R8
Hi guys.
I have a VZ clubsport and Im about to do a big cam upgrade using 229/242 .631 .631 114LSA so its big one.
When you do a big cam it is very important that you work the heads as big cams work like crap with stock heads and stock compression.
Mine is auto, and I will be fitting a 3000rpm high stall converter, and a fast 102mm manifold, and using the l92 heads along with head work and 11:5.1 compression ratio bump.
Im port matching the stock throttle body, the runners in the manifold and the extractor ports are also going to be port matched too. heads are expected to flow 360cfm at intake and 275CFM at the exhaust with my combo
I just recently removed my difilippo 2.5 inch system (which is for sale at the moment) and replaced it with a custom 3 inch system as 2.5 inch does not flow anywhere near enough for my combination.
It sounds a lot better and is only slightly louder and sounds unreal.
With my combo I will be expecting approx 340-350rwkw and 700nm torque at rear wheels.
My car is only a daily street car but will still drive very nicely but great care must be taken when driving on the road as the engine will be brutal as hell in its torque out put...

A camshaft like the one mentioned in these threads is a great camshaft 232/234 112LSA but with that tight lsa you will need headwork to get the most out of it.
If anyone is interested in getting some more info or interested in my difilippo system, you are more than welcome to contact me.

bortous

Mad max 101
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ CLUBSPORT R8
this cam is not suitable as a daily even when tuned right. The tight lsa would make it hard to drive.
I know someone who has this cam and it idles at 1000rpm, and goes through fuel like no tomorrow.
He has stock heads and it runs like crap. This cam is 111.5LSA so would need a lot of compression to make it work properly.

HRT 666

Cammed 8t-body stroker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubby S2 M6
^^ a cam with 242 duration on the exhaust and .631" lift will need fly cut pistons!
Also you will be wasting your time porting the stock t-body 76mm is no where near the 102mm opening of that intake manifold, just buy the correct t-body from the states at the same time you buy the manifold t-body is only $500 more.

BradSV8

Nitrous Junkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
this cam is not suitable as a daily even when tuned right. The tight lsa would make it hard to drive.
I know someone who has this cam and it idles at 1000rpm, and goes through fuel like no tomorrow.
He has stock heads and it runs like crap. This cam is 111.5LSA so would need a lot of compression to make it work properly.

Rubbish my cam is on a 110 LSA,stock heads. It drives fine with a manual with an auto it would be even easier and has enough power to run 11.7@118mph in a full street trim. It still gets 12-17L/100 round the city and sub 10's on the highway.

Hi guys.
I have a VZ clubsport and Im about to do a big cam upgrade using 229/242 .631 .631 114LSA so its big one.
When you do a big cam it is very important that you work the heads as big cams work like crap with stock heads and stock compression.
Mine is auto, and I will be fitting a 3000rpm high stall converter, and a fast 102mm manifold, and using the l92 heads along with head work and 11:5.1 compression ratio bump.
Im port matching the stock throttle body, the runners in the manifold and the extractor ports are also going to be port matched too. heads are expected to flow 360cfm at intake and 275CFM at the exhaust with my combo
I just recently removed my difilippo 2.5 inch system (which is for sale at the moment) and replaced it with a custom 3 inch system as 2.5 inch does not flow anywhere near enough for my combination.
It sounds a lot better and is only slightly louder and sounds unreal.
With my combo I will be expecting approx 340-350rwkw and 700nm torque at rear wheels.
My car is only a daily street car but will still drive very nicely but great care must be taken when driving on the road as the engine will be brutal as hell in its torque out put...

A camshaft like the one mentioned in these threads is a great camshaft 232/234 112LSA but with that tight lsa you will need headwork to get the most out of it.
If anyone is interested in getting some more info or interested in my difilippo system, you are more than welcome to contact me.

I very much doubt you will get a true 340rwkw thru a stalled auto with just a cam and heads unless you are going FI aswell...How are you getting 11.5 comp? Are you putting a set of pistons in?