Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS2] ls1.com.au twin turbo kit on ve ss

psivyv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss sportswagon!!!
hi i was just wondering if any one knows any info or has a ve with the ls1turbo's twin turbo kit?
im looking at buying a car with this kitted and was just wondering if they are any good or not?
any help or comments are appreciated

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
hi i was just wondering if any one knows any info or has a ve with the ls1turbo's twin turbo kit?
im looking at buying a car with this kitted and was just wondering if they are any good or not?
any help or comments are appreciated

Is this a GenTT kit or a custom kit? Very mixed reviews getting around from owners of the GenTT gear.

psivyv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss sportswagon!!!
gen tt BB VE 6.0l ve kit mate?

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
That's them. How many k's has the car done with the kit on it? Do you know if the kit has been modded in any way or is it an off the shelf kit? I'm no expert on them by any means, just I know of a few people who've had this kit and ended up getting rid of it as they they weren't happy with the quality of the gear.

psivyv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss sportswagon!!!
i dont no that much about it, it got fitted at 10,000kms and now has 20,000kms it supposivly made 407rwkw on 9psi iv talked to the tuner and they did confirm it it since then had a cam fitted aswell and im not sure on the final power figure.

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
383 HSV GTO coupe & vk ls1 turbo
i have not had one of these kits but i am pretty sure the gen tt kits are up there for quality and they seen to be the most popular from what i have seen around the forums . dont take my word for it but as i m unsure thats just what i have read do a search on here should be **** loads of info on them.

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
The GEN-TT kits are rubbish quality compared to others on the market, but the VE kits are an improvement over the pre-VE ones. Just because alot of people have them doesn't make them a good product, it just means good marketing :)

and cos they are cheap people think they are getting a bargain

GMMAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L GT35 4runner/VK calais
The GEN-TT kits are rubbish quality compared to others on the market, but the VE kits are an improvement over the pre-VE ones. Just because alot of people have them doesn't make them a good product, it just means good marketing :)

very true after having worked on them(VT-VZ) would NEVER buy or recommend one