Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Simon by sv8 ls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy sv8 5.7
Heyy all,

I am looking to boost my compression right up to make a very tuff NA car, something like a sprint car engine. I have done the cam already with a custom grind cam shaft (unsure of specs) heads have been machined and all head work done! Car made 398hp atw

Has anyone ever gone over 12:1 if so what did you use piston wise and associated mods? And possible price figure.

Thanks for the help!

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
will be better on ethanol if ur going high comp, but just the work involved in changing to higher comp pistons and staying on petrol the gain wont be worth the work

Simon by sv8 ls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy sv8 5.7
Yeah I was looking at either e85 or ethanol was just more trying to see if anyone had done it and if so what pistons they used

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
Hmmmmm... 398atw is very good for a stock bottom end 346ci LS1, mine did 406hp(303rwkw)

I'd say E85 is the way to go for more HP, but then you would really be pushing the bottom end of the LS1... then the only way to after this is a Stroker 383ci kit.

Simon by sv8 ls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy sv8 5.7
Yeah I looked at a stroker for it but most come with dish pistons for lowering comp ratio and boosting them, I was more trying to find decent dome top to up the comp ratio,