Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ls1 conversion questions

benny999

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle 5ltr 83
hey guys just a quick couple of questions about the ls1 conversion i wanna use the t56 modding wise for the shifter what do i need to do and if u use manual steer and not power can i get away with not using the starter conversion? thanks

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
just in case u havent found this out already. mal woods T56 conversion kit with brand new box, starter relocation kit, pedal box etc is 7K+. and thats for a vn-vs

anyway, u will need a hydraulic clutch pedal, i know for vn-vs u can get a pedal box out of a later vs that had a getrag standard (if u can find one) but i dunno if they fit earlier cars. other than that mal wood is probably ya best bet but it will cost ya

i've read (in an article on the LS1 blown blue vk CMEFRY) that they moved the rack mounts over a bit and managed to get away without swapping the starter, although it had an auto.

manual rack will also give more clearance for the extractors (apparently the ones u can buy for the conversion dont fit real well at the best of times)