Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 conversion

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Id put it in stock cam etc just tune with basics...the conversion will take up enough time/money just to get it done & engineered.

No point putting a baby cam in you'll be disappointed just put decent cam in it down the track if any money left over.

Will cost more than you expect.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Emissions can be managed in the tune. Pass, then go nuts, cam or not. Mate of mine chucked a stock LS in a VS, was surprisingly straightforward and damn it's a weapon

NS245

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
add a brake upgrade and do the modified vt -vy booster/mc and that can be engineered too one thing they look for is to make sure it can stop with the more powerful engine
Yep I’ve already done the brake upgrade to VT-VZ so I’m sweet in that area and will be getting that engineered as well. Those stock VR brakes are horrible!

NS245

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
Id put it in stock cam etc just tune with basics...the conversion will take up enough time/money just to get it done & engineered.

No point putting a baby cam in you'll be disappointed just put decent cam in it down the track if any money left over.

Will cost more than you expect.
A couple of people have suggested that as well. The money will start adding up quick. And that the stock LS1 will move the car quick anyway. I’d be spewing if I put the cam in and then for some reason I couldn’t get it passed, so you’re probably right. Keep it stock and get it passed!

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
TBH I wouldn't bother with a cam. The better way to go would be get the engine in and passed, then go straight for a supercharger. You will have heaps better torque with an SC than a wild cam, which will make the car a prick to drive for everyday use.

BS, a BTR stage two cam picks up power everywhere over a standard LS1 cam. In saying that a BTR stage two is fairly mild.

H

harrop.senator

A couple of people have suggested that as well. The money will start adding up quick. And that the stock LS1 will move the car quick anyway. I’d be spewing if I put the cam in and then for some reason I couldn’t get it passed, so you’re probably right. Keep it stock and get it passed!

If it was me I'd run a mild cam in it like a 224/228 or so. It'll make more power all over compared to the stock cam. Great street cam and with a light car like a vs will do the goods.

You'll pick up 40 rwhp or so and a good 10-12% gain in almost all places over 3k rpm. With how light the vs is that would go 110+ mph with headers and a tune .

If worried about emissions just fit some euro 4 cats and find a VT block for easier emissions lol.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
BS, a BTR stage two cam picks up power everywhere over a standard LS1 cam. In saying that a BTR stage two is fairly mild.
Ok smart arse, then why is mine hard to drive in low revs, and cam hops? It needs a fair amount of throttle to get going.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Shane before sprouting your mouth off and call my post BS, come to Launceston and have a drive of my ute in stop start traffic, where you have 8 sets of lights in a 2km trip, with inclines. If you can manage that and not have can hop problems and not ringing out in first gear, then I will agree you can say what I said as BS..... Until then you don't have a leg to stand on. I live it every day, so I think I have a pretty good idea.....
Just in case you're unaware there is also forum etiquette if you disagree you don't call BS. You say it politely like others do, and you provide an explanation that backs up what your saying. Both of the former you don't ever seem able to do.

Last edited:

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Here you go again with treating people like shite and disagreeing with them for the sake of it just to feed your own ego. You need to get over your inferiority complex and actually treat people like people.