Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 conversion

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
How would you know? All the dyno videos you watch start at 3000 rpm :p
That’s one thing that I always note when watching More Powa LS videos on YouTube. They are always interested in 3000rpm and above whereas in real life on the street I rarely go above 3000rpm. Tractability is far more important on the street than power (newtons > killerwasps).

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Ok smart arse, then why is mine hard to drive in low revs, and cam hops? It needs a fair amount of throttle to get going.

So you have a LS1 with a BTR stage two cam?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
How would you know? All the dyno videos you watch start at 3000 rpm :p

No they don't. The stage two cams have been run down to 2500rpm.

If you have a engine you want performance from and you're interested in performance from 1000rpm to 2500rpm then you're a fool and a diesel is the engine for you.

Gee 4.11:1 diffs with the T56 sit at about 2200 on the highway ffs.

Also you can see the trend on the graph and I bet if you ran a BTR stage two on a eddy brake dyno from 1500rpm it would still be making more power.

Go email Bryan Tooley him self I'm sure he'll explain all this to you.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Here you go again with treating people like shite and disagreeing with them for the sake of it just to feed your own ego. You need to get over your inferiority complex and actually treat people like people.

No I call out BS when I read it.
If people get left to bull shite on forums mechanical wives tales spread at the detriment to the industry I work in.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So you have a LS1 with a BTR stage two cam?
No, I have a 6L, with mild cam, but in theory according to what you're suggesting it should be able to take off easier than it would stock, but it doesn't it's a real mongrel to drive in traffic and stopping on inclines.
Again I have real world experience. Whereas the only evidence you provide is youtube.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If you have a engine you want performance from and you're interested in performance from 1000rpm to 2500rpm then you're a fool and a diesel is the engine for you.
And this is point I'm making that a cammed engine will make it harder in low revs. Whereas an SC top mount will deliver more HP from the first touch of the pedal. Also I don't need Brian T to tell me about how my bus will be hard to drive at 1500 and below, I drive it like this every day.

H

harrop.senator

Also you can see the trend on the graph and I bet if you ran a BTR stage two on a eddy brake dyno from 1500rpm it would still be making more power.

Well it's not a true tested more power everywhere if you can't see the mapping below 2.5 is it?

I wouldn't be surprised if it did make more power off idle. Arguing with people and calling them out on BS while not having the full facts is hypocritical af.

Maybe you should look at a mechanical engineering degree and do a thesis. Possibly having your name on an academic paper will give you the gratification you're constantly chasing.

Lighten up man you really need to get your end away or just work on being a better person honestly.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
No, I have a 6L, with mild cam, but in theory according to what you're suggesting it should be able to take off easier than it would stock, but it doesn't it's a real mongrel to drive in traffic and stopping on inclines.
Again I have real world experience. Whereas the only evidence you provide is youtube.

No because you would have completely different cam specs to a BTR stage two cam designed for an LS1.

It's like comparing an apple to a coconut.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Performance and streetability are your apples to coconuts. Way to derail a thread yet again with your childish BS. True performance doesn't give two craps about your 2.5k rpm, you think folk sit at the Christmas tree with those thoughts on their foot? Who gives a toss about cruising rpm on a 4.11 in 6th gear? It's a totally different set of dynamic principles to pushing through underdriven ratios. You really hate physics don't you?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

My cam in my piddly ass blue motor 6 banger is a crow 35665, which means it makes it's power inbetween 2500 and 5200 RPM.. It's backed by a 5 speed and a 3.08 geared diff...If I don't give it revs, the bucket of junk bunny hops....I don't slot 5th until I'm doing 90 KPH, otherwise it labours...

So cut posting up B/S Shane....It's obvious you're not a mechanics ass...