Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 conversion

H

harrop.senator

There's still heaps of young people doing car stuff. I'm 29 and been doing turbo conversions , engine conversions , rebuilds and restores for 14 years. There's still a much younger crowd up at drift , I'm seen as old school these days. There's 18-24 year Olds up there with backyard built cars every week.

Things can be a little more complicated these days but a lot in the car scene still do bolt on jobs.

One of my best friends uncle runs a turbocharger building service , engine rebuilding service , mechanical and 4 WD dyno here in Perth.

7 boys work under him including two of Travis' cousins and not one of them is out of there 20s. A lot of car loving younger's are in automotive related trades though over say construction n office work.

Whether it be painting and blasting , auto electrical , mechanical , plant , upholstery or turner/fitter.

But maybe that's cause I'm in WA and were huge on trades here.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
There's still heaps of young people doing car stuff. I'm 29 and been doing turbo conversions , engine conversions , rebuilds and restores for 14 years. There's still a much younger crowd up at drift , I'm seen as old school these days. There's 18-24 year Olds up there with backyard built cars every week.

Things can be a little more complicated these days but a lot in the car scene still do bolt on jobs.

One of my best friends uncle runs a turbocharger building service , engine rebuilding service , mechanical and 4 WD dyno here in Perth.

7 boys work under him including two of Travis' cousins and not one of them is out of there 20s. A lot of car loving younger's are in automotive related trades though over say construction n office work.

Whether it be painting and blasting , auto electrical , mechanical , plant , upholstery or turner/fitter.

But maybe that's cause I'm in WA and were huge on trades here.
Yeah. I would think that WA would have a bigger car scene pound for pound vs here on the east coast due to the mining and more “hands on” nature of the WA economy.

Reactions: Lex