Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ls1 ecu conversion to holden 5lt

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The DELCO doesn't have a provision for NO2 does it? My missus is running a Haltec on her injected 308 (yes, 308, not a 304), and I am building it for NO2 this season. The Haltec has an output to trigger the NO2 and can be tuned to come on and off at whatever rev we choose so it's a fairly easy retro fit. No need to fit throttle position switches and stuff.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I think the boys at delco hack may possibly be able to do that with their 12p tune.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
But the only problem with that is we can't tune it ourselves. At the moment, we plug in the laptop and read live figures and can touch up the tune between runs if necessary.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Actually, you can, you can tune a Delco with a laptop just like you tune the Haltech. Converting a Delco 808 to realtime costs about $300, converting a VR/VS ecu is even less as you only need the NVram module. Software is freeware and there is a lot of support on the delcohack forum.

You have already done the conversion so there isn't much point changing back, however for someone who already has a delco pcm there isn't much need these days to fit an aftermarket unit unless your chasing some really specific functions.