Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 Edit question

Donnie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Black SV8
Soup pplz,

Just wondering, what sort of power increase, torque increase and fuel consumpsion decrease am i roughly looking at with 'just' an LS1 edit. NO other MODS (except the good ol' 2 hole mod). Any help would be fantastic!

peace

VYSS346

Reaction score
Website
vhheaven.bravehost.com
Members Ride
VYSS 5.7 M6
I would recommend getting atleast a cat back twin 2.5 inch exhaust done b4 hand!.. otherwise itd just be a waste.. and you wouldnt get the most outa of your tune!.. and also go a air charger or higgins otr cai imo! the better she breathes the more HP she should gain!

ringram

efilive evangalist
Reaction score
Website
www.efilive.eu
Members Ride
2007 HSV CLubsport R8 M6
Why not consider buying efilive or something, you have access to HSV 285KW tunes that will go right over the stock 225KW VT2 tunes and gain you 60KW, plus you get to keep the tuning tool for hours of fun and pulling codes.

So in summary you can get 60kw depending on what you have now. As menitioned get headers and cat back to optimise things.

klaw81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SV8
Donnie, I had my almost identical car dyno-tuned with VCM Suite while totally stock. Went from 243rwhp to 270rwhp. Better throttle response and top-end power, and I had the auto shift points altered too for harder changes in Power mode. I haven't noticed a lot of difference in fuel consumption but it's not too bad anyway - around 10.2L/100km on the highway, 11-12L urban cycle.

Ringram, the HSV tunes would be better than the SS ones, but wasn't there some hardware chages for the HSV as well - airbox, extractors, exhaust etc? You wouldn't get 60kW, surely.....besides, he's starting from 245kW, not 225.

ringram

efilive evangalist
Reaction score
Website
www.efilive.eu
Members Ride
2007 HSV CLubsport R8 M6
Yeah which is why I mentioned "depending on what you have now".
Sure headers etc will take you all the way. A catback is the main thing to get for gains.
You can definitely improve on the HSV tune, but not by much, its pretty good really. Maybe at WOT the fueling can be improved, timing is already pretty sharp you wont do much there.

It depends on what you want to do. A tuning tool for christmas will last you years of fun.. and mods.

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
Yeah which is why I mentioned "depending on what you have now".
Sure headers etc will take you all the way. A catback is the main thing to get for gains.
You can definitely improve on the HSV tune, but not by much, its pretty good really. Maybe at WOT the fueling can be improved, timing is already pretty sharp you wont do much there.

It depends on what you want to do. A tuning tool for christmas will last you years of fun.. and mods.

I flashed in the GTS tune with COS 5 into my VY ute & it made a huge difference. It was better for fuel on the hwy than the stock tune & would pull right through the rev range instead of waiting until 3500rpm to wake up. This is on a bog standard car. EFILive & a wideband O2 sensor have been the best things that I have bought for my car so far & they will pay for themselves not just in the fuel saved, but in allowing me to tune my car as other mods are fitted.

azzss

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 9.5 SSV Sportswagon M6 & 08 prado D4D GXL M6
I flashed in the GTS tune with COS 5 into my VY ute & it made a huge difference. It was better for fuel on the hwy than the stock tune & would pull right through the rev range instead of waiting until 3500rpm to wake up. This is on a bog standard car. EFILive & a wideband O2 sensor have been the best things that I have bought for my car so far & they will pay for themselves not just in the fuel saved, but in allowing me to tune my car as other mods are fitted.

Whats the go with this EFILive jobbie, can you tune the car yourself?. I have just fitted hm headers and full system including cats (2.5 inch) and was wondering what to do next. I was thinking edit/tune but this could be the go.

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
Have a look at their website & download the demo software. They also have a great forum where you will find a lot of information & help(like here). You will also need a Wide band O2 sensor to be able to tune properly. I bought the lm-1 from innovate motor sports as I also want to use it to tune various carbied cars. Overall Efilive & wideband cost around $1500 but I reckon it was money well spent. V1 is on special at the moment so it is definately the time to buy.

VYSS346

Reaction score
Website
vhheaven.bravehost.com
Members Ride
VYSS 5.7 M6
all ive had is a cat back twin 2.5 exhaust, a higgins otr and mafless tune and went from 235kw to just over 300kw!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
all ive had is a cat back twin 2.5 exhaust, a higgins otr and mafless tune and went from 235kw to just over 300kw!

Thats about standard :)