Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 FLASH TOOL

LYV Y R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS Ute
Anyone used "LS1 FLASH TOOL" programming tool from bloke on the Gold Coast?
Was it friendly to use, and do everything you wanted it to?
I live in Emerald QLD, so no tuners close by, only doing extractors and 1.8 rockers for a start, and have used Megasquirt stuff a bit, so I'm comfortable with having a crack.
After comments from people who've used it, not here-say and opinions on what I should be doing.
Surprised that a search onsite didn't bring up any hits for this.
TIA for constructive advice.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Don't waste your time and money on rockers to begin with. Save up and throw a cam in and pay once for tuning.

LYV Y R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS Ute
Don't waste your time and money on rockers to begin with. Save up and throw a cam in and pay once for tuning.
Ordered and paid topmount blower kit, throttle body, valve springs, tubes, fuel pump, etc already, was playing until I move back to Victoria, and put blown combo together. Not really wanting to tow trailer 2 trips Qld - Vic with huffer.
Already own rockers.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
i done 1.8 rockers in mine which going from 1.7 stock to 1.8 isnt much and only gained like 10rhp then went to a cam and couldnt use them then anyway as they dont suit most of the cams out there, i still have them sitting in my shed doing nothing now

LYV Y R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS Ute
i done 1.8 rockers in mine which going from 1.7 stock to 1.8 isnt much and only gained like 10rhp then went to a cam and couldnt use them then anyway as they dont suit most of the cams out there, i still have them sitting in my shed doing nothing now
Yeah, comes out at like 6% extra lift, but would increase overlap which should help a bit. Would prolly hurt towing but. Got 'em anyhow, was going to put pipes on n valve springs in and have aplay tuning. Don't imagine stock flash would be too far out. Apparently a couple of known tweaks to improve economy too

LYV Y R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS Ute
I'd wait until pcmhammer is a little further developed personally.
Yeah, seen that one, but like you said seemed a bit 'beta'.
Flash tool looks very similar to the Megasquit stuff I've played with, and cheap enough too.
Can log, and will do 2 bar MAP as well.
His support seems a bit lacking though, even for a sale. Doesn't bode well for tech support later.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
i dont know how much those flash things are but hptuners is like $540 now then plus 2 credits to suit one vehicle and i can prob say it does alot more if ur wanting to get into tuning

LYV Y R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS Ute
i dont know how much those flash things are but hptuners is like $540 now then plus 2 credits to suit one vehicle and i can prob say it does alot more if ur wanting to get into tuning
They don't give away much detail on what it can do on their website. $622 aussie peso's for VPVI2 with 2 credits. Only looking at getting mine close, then dyno, when the time comes. Just playing in the mean time, I'm half geek, so it interests me. LS1 flash $390 delivered. I'm surprised no-one has got one and posted here. No hits on a search.

LYV Y R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS Ute
I'd wait until pcmhammer is a little further developed personally.
After heaps of trolling through ,US sites, looks like Flash tool bloke is actually a major contributor/developer of the PCMHammer stuff.
Still has disclaimers on bricking and not using on your only vehicle. Think I'll go MPVI2 stuff on consideration. Commercial product, with support.
Downloaded HPtuner/ MPV trail version and it looks pretty friendly, downloaded PCMHammer V14, wont even open

Last edited: