Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 Fly-by-wire Throttle Body Upgrade

Matty-346

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV S2
Hey Guys,

Having issues finding a decent Fly-by-wire Throttle body upgrade (larger.Polished.etc) for my LS1 VZ., any suggestions?

YMY-88U

Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VH SL/E
have you tuned the thing yet, if not get into that, install a 25% UD balancer and maybe some 1.8rrs they all do massive improvement the stock throttle body is good for 330rwkw n/a with the right cam, also its bigger then the cable ls1 setup

HRT 666

Cammed 8t-body stroker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubby S2 M6
Hey Guys,

Having issues finding a decent Fly-by-wire Throttle body upgrade (larger.Polished.etc) for my LS1 VZ., any suggestions?

If you really want one I have a brand new one 90mm $150 But its from a LS2 so dont know if it will suit what your after? Pm if you want it.
t-body.jpg

Matty-346

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV S2
If you really want one I have a brand new one 90mm $150 But its from a LS2 so dont know if it will suit what your after? Pm if you want it.
t-body.jpg

I would but i dont think it would fit though, think the LS1 is a 3 bolt throttle body where as Gen 4 v8's are 4 bolt, but thanks for the offer.. if only there was a way to make it fit...

19psivt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt L67 intercooled supercharged
hey mate what did u end up doing with this?\
did you replace your throttle body?
im chasing a standard vz ls1 throttle body

Van454

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf calais sportwagon and pontiac trans am
Old thread i know, but any upgrades for vz ls1 dbw throttle body?

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Old thread i know, but any upgrades for vz ls1 dbw throttle body?

I don't know of any that are a direct bolt on
If you use a 3 bolt to 4 bolt throttle body adaptor on the stock 3 bolt manifold you can use any larger fly by wire throttle body from an LS2, L76, L77, L98 or LS3....Yella Terra and Nick Williams also manufacture aftermarket fly by wire throttle bodies.
For it to work though you will need to use a throttle body wiring harness adaptor that suits the throttle body you intend to use, as these other 4 bolt throttle bodies are wired with different plugs (and more pins in the plug) compared to the factory VZ LS1 fly by wire throttle

Last edited: