Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] LS1 Fuel rail damper

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
9FB5F233-08A7-456D-B514-4EAF0E14E6D6.jpeg

*The stock rail with the damper.

I notice most after market fuel rails don’t use the fuel rail damper.

What’s the go with that? Is it not required?

Also noticed a few that use an o-ring on the fixtures. Seems a bit iffy if an o-ring fails in years to come.

Last edited:

crew chief

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Turbo, WB Ute, VF 2300 Harrop
Run some short injectors in your LS1 and you then need to run extensions which are fitted with more o-rings with potential to fail. Trust me I know this.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Damper is to smooth out the pulses of the fuel pump operating.
Yes works without it. But it is better to have it I reckon (otherwise why would the factory spend another $10 per vehicle on manufacturing).

Failed injector o-ring cree chief? Did it end better or worse than tom bailey car when the same happened to him a year ago.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Can't hurt to have the damper but it's more off an issue with older EFI systems that run batch fire injectors. If you have tuning issues where at one particular point in the rev range you can't seem to get the tune right no matter what you do than a damper may just be the answer. There are aftermarket dampers that can be used. https://www.speedscience.co.nz/products/radium-fuel-pulse-damper-direct-mount-kits

If the O ring fittings are done correctly then it shouldn't be an issue, all your injectors have 2 O rings each and normally they are fine. I've been running injector extensions for many years and not had one fail. The trick with O rings is to use a little lube when fitting so you reduce the chances of pinching or otherwise damaging an O ring leading to a early failure.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
big injectors cause pulsing as well, also good reason not to mount a pressure gauge close to the rail unless it is also liquid filled

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Cars can & will run without fuel dampener...they're are a good thing to have just in case of potential issues.

Aftermarket setups can have fuel pressure issues if they're on the limit...as injectors shut fuel can pulse or cavitate in rail.

Fnny one is vn/p have 2 dampeners one in tank other at rail yet still metal fuel lines in chassis known to pulsate...you'll hear weird tapping sound near bellhousing through trans tunnel....most people think they're chasing exhaust leak or mechanical noise....drove me nuts untill found out was common issue lol