Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 Guide to Power Stage I

b_lake1

Salt Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
5.7L VY Calais
bringing thread back to life. Ok, new to the forum, new to LS*. Just bought a VY Calais which is pretty much stock standy. First thing I wanna do is open her up, but heres the thing - My old man is pretty old school and is no stranger to V8 holdens, always had at least one while I was growing up. Now that I have my first one and talking of exhaust options his input is somewhat, narrow minded. He is suggesting I go with Pacey Tri-Ys (which I am happy with), and as he will be the one fitting everything up he wants to get rid of stock cats and make up 2.5" decat pipes into Y-pipe into 2.5" single pipe keeping stock muffler(s) or lukey ultra flo and then straight pipe through to tips. In theory all he is suggesting is to change from double to single pipe. Is this too old school or is he right? cheers in advance for the feedback.

b_lake1

Salt Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
5.7L VY Calais
Cheers. Exactly what I was saying. Old man is pretty stubborn at times. Because I would be looking at upgrading cams, air intake etc, would going straight to a 3" now be a viable option or should I just stick with 2.5" for now?