Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 Guide to Power Stage I

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
minux said:
That will get you tune and headers no problem at all. If you want a bit extra high flow cats are a goer, about $350 each.
high flow cats $300 buks is better spent on traction,CAI,Plugs or top notch oil ie the Penrite Synthetic option

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
subdue said:
high flow cats $300 buks is better spent on traction,CAI,Plugs or top notch oil ie the Penrite Synthetic option

Not really, my stocky cat's were choking my engine once i had the head's and cam done, placed in the high flow's and it was an entirely a new car. It all depends on the application. I don't know any LS1 owner's who havent added high flow cat's when they have done full zorst.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
My mate's just changed the whole exhaust on his VX SS, spent about $400 getting a Redback system put in..

The car is a 6 speed and entirely stock, apart from the zorst..

He's got about $1500 and wants to know what to do next.. He's thinkin tune, but I reckon change the air intake, headers or something before a tune..

What you all reckon?

vx350int

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 346 Calais International
this is the route i am taking for my vx calais international (ls1 of course)

mcai - 2 hole mod $25 - done
twin 2.5 in system - cost me $300 2nd hand
pacemaker triy's - $320 2nd hand
open up cats - $50 - $100 - still to do
Mafless mailorder - $600 - from chiptorque or pt engines - still to do
Mafless pipe - $180

so all up at a cost of $1525 aint bad for around 310 - 320 fwkw (as stated by chiptorque)

so for budget and bang for buck that aint bad if u ask me

the reason I am going mailorder is where i am living = no tuners

cheers chris

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Shounak said:
My mate's just changed the whole exhaust on his VX SS, spent about $400 getting a Redback system put in..

He's got about $1500 and wants to know what to do next.. He's thinkin tune, but I reckon change the air intake, headers or something before a tune..

What you all reckon?

Go tune and a set of second pacemakers/defilipo header's, $990 for a tune and airbox mod, 600 easily for header's, worry about OTR later.

Tell him to call APS at frankston

http://www.apsservicecentre.com.au/

ls1berlina

"mick"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX LS1
VT2VEight said:
Hey OLS108 (or anyone else),

Do you think $2500 can get me Tri-ys, edit and 3.9s anywhere in Brissy? At the moment I have only done the catback by Rob Bliss (2.5" Mandrel etc). I have an A4 VT. Also what order should I get the work done in, and will the extractors get rid of the annoying drone? I'm sitting in London at the moment just dying to get back to driving my V8!!!!!! Havent driven it since the 31st of January. 1 more week and I'll be back in Brissy..... Mind you the holidays have been great.

:driving: :driving: :driving: :driving: :driving: :driving: :driving: :driving: :driving:

go see rob bliss for some genie hurricane extractors and x-pipes($770). then see power torque engines at brendale for the tune($1090) and diff gears($1200). Do you know if you have an lsd? i thought i did but i didn't... i put a factory lsd in when i did my diff gears($750).

And yes, some extractors will get rid of that drone.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
ls1berlina said:
go see rob bliss for some genie hurricane extractors and x-pipes($770). then see power torque engines at brendale for the tune($1090) and diff gears($1200). Do you know if you have an lsd? i thought i did but i didn't... i put a factory lsd in when i did my diff gears($750).

And yes, some extractors will get rid of that drone.

Why not just get exhaust and tuen done at PT?

ls1berlina

"mick"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX LS1
minux said:
Why not just get exhaust and tuen done at PT?

guess you can.. when i took mine in to PT they asked me to have the exhaust done beforehand. I think they outsource there exhaust work anyhow.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Thanks for the advice fellas, but he's just f*cked up the whole front end of his car. A couple of days after the exhaust..

He's probably gonna sell it and try to get a VY SS after this..

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Shounak said:

What you all reckon?

Can I ask how did the car sound? How bad was the drone, if there was any?