Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 Guide to Power Stage I

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
hey everyone, was thinking of getting an otrcai for my vyss, but a couple of guys at wrk saw one with a cai tube running from the front bar to the airbox, wuld this be better or wuld a otrcai be better for more power? as i'm going to run a mafless setup anyway. want what ever will ram cold air in as quick as possible and as much as much as possible, don't want to b picking up hot air in it either.
and does anyone know how much lukey hi-flow cats and mufflers cost for a gen3?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
hey everyone, was thinking of getting an otrcai for my vyss, but a couple of guys at wrk saw one with a cai tube running from the front bar to the airbox, wuld this be better or wuld a otrcai be better for more power? as i'm going to run a mafless setup anyway. want what ever will ram cold air in as quick as possible and as much as much as possible, don't want to b picking up hot air in it either.
and does anyone know how much lukey hi-flow cats and mufflers cost for a gen3?

I would go OTRCAI, especially if you are going mafless, it also depends where you drive also, for city only it is fine, i was hesitant to take any gravel roads with mine on though.

As for cat prices, i've no idea, i paid about $320 each for my steel high flows.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
I would go OTRCAI, especially if you are going mafless, it also depends where you drive also, for city only it is fine, i was hesitant to take any gravel roads with mine on though.

As for cat prices, i've no idea, i paid about $320 each for my steel high flows.

Why wouldn't you take it on gravel roads? As i am getting an edit/mafless tune for my car soon and will go the OTRCAI. Is it because they remove the maf sensor? I just assumed the air filter would be enough..

Cheers

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Why wouldn't you take it on gravel roads? As i am getting an edit/mafless tune for my car soon and will go the OTRCAI. Is it because they remove the maf sensor? I just assumed the air filter would be enough..

Cheers

Air filter is small, i just did not want to take the risk. Others ahve done so fine, but with the money i have spent, i am not risking it.

Dezza

your local HSV dealer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
i dont know if this is the thread for it but are thoses ss inductions growler kits anygood? and ive also seen heaps of gen3s at the local drags with pod filters and no roof on there air box some with mafs some without are theses actually kits or are they just pod filters stuck on there and theve just left the top of the air box?>

OLS108

MR Helpful
Reaction score
Members Ride
Stockish VX Berlina
i dont know if this is the thread for it but are thoses ss inductions growler kits anygood? and ive also seen heaps of gen3s at the local drags with pod filters and no roof on there air box some with mafs some without are theses actually kits or are they just pod filters stuck on there and theve just left the top of the air box?>

um ive heard that they are ok.. well at least much better then the First lot of Kits that acually Lost power.
But for the Price a Good OTRCAI will **** all over it for Sound and performance.

spanks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V UTE,VE SS SEDAN
I still have air box(2 hole CAI)mafless and GTS pipe.Would much prefer the security of a panel filter(standard size)than an OTRCAI.Car still runs 11.7 @120mph.Just a personal choice really and i know i can get more power and quicker times.

OLS108

MR Helpful
Reaction score
Members Ride
Stockish VX Berlina
I still have air box(2 hole CAI)mafless and GTS pipe.Would much prefer the security of a panel filter(standard size)than an OTRCAI.Car still runs 11.7 @120mph.Just a personal choice really and i know i can get more power and quicker times.

But your not running 11.7 unopened are you ? :p

heads and cam ?