Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 HELP

Jimma61

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu ute
Hey guys buying a vy ss off my cousin the engine has done 350,000 he has recently spend 2500 on a service what can go wrong with a ls at that many kms do they still have heaps of life

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Depends on how well it’s been treated, regularly serviced etc... do u know what was done in the 2500 service?

Lohnrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais
I need some help to i have a Ls1 in a vu Ute it’s got cam forged internals roller rockers new el60e 2500 huges converter, and it used to have a procharger on it but now is na iv changed the ecu but now it cranks with spark and fuel sounds like it is going to start but just doesn’t i need help!!

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Did you link the PCM (ECU) to the BCM (Body Control Module)? It won't start until you do.

Zeke Topanaga

Reaction score
Members Ride
HX Sandman p van 308 4speed
Hey guys buying a vy ss off my cousin the engine has done 350,000 he has recently spend 2500 on a service what can go wrong with a ls at that many kms do they still have heaps of life
I got my SS VY from new and 220,000km the stupid plastic lifter buckets they have failed and destroyed the Cam and engine. it had plastic filings all through the oil when I changed the oil, I thought it must of been carbon, I never thought they had plastic in the engine, no one ever mentioned it ever on any forum or mechanic but then came a donk donk donk noise one day on idol and then it went away and then it came back over a some days until I could run out and run my statoscope over it before it stoped making the noise, number 1 exhaust lifter it was and she felt like she was not quite running on one cylinder when I got up it.

Lohnrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais
It’s got spark and try’s to start but it smells of fuel and I checked the oil and it smells of fuel also I don’t know I appreciate everyone’s help could it be one of the sensors I replaced IAT sensor and checked map temp sensor

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
As I asked earlier, is the PCM that you changed linked to the BCM?

Lohnrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais
yes I got a
New key that was already linked to bcm and ecu and after I put the ecu with vats removed
I used my carman scanner to link the bcm to ecu I was told it
Didn’t need to be done I’m lost now

Lohnrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais
yes I got a
New key that was already linked to bcm and ecu and after I put the ecu with vats removed
I used my carman scanner to link the bcm to ecu I was told it
Didn’t need to be done I’m lost now

Lohnrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais
I linked to bcm to ecu with a carman scanner and i was told i. Could put the ecu in any car and it would start