Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ls1 into a skyline Track car

Adz2332

Reaction score
Members Ride
R33 Skyline LS1
Hey all,
I have a r33 track car that i use as a bit of an all rounder, drift, track days, drag etc
My 400kw rb25 finally died so ive bought a LS1 to replace it.

At the moment its sitting out of the car. im looking for some recommendations on cam, headers and manifold.
yes its a budget ish build but i dont want to cheap out and have problems....
Ive browsed crow cams but im unsure what way to go as im new to the V8s!

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
The best cam is something like a sloppy stage 2 look up Richard Holdners cam test on youtube he has tested about 15 cams around the same specs and all do about the same but price would be the difference.

If it's cathedral port then a LSX intake from FAST is the go if rec port LS3 OEM is the go.

If you want off the shelf headders then you'll need block huggers if you want extractors they'll need to be custom made.

Adz2332

Reaction score
Members Ride
R33 Skyline LS1
The best cam is something like a sloppy stage 2 look up Richard Holdners cam test on youtube he has tested about 15 cams around the same specs and all do about the same but price would be the difference.

If it's cathedral port then a LSX intake from FAST is the go if rec port LS3 OEM is the go.

If you want off the shelf headders then you'll need block huggers if you want extractors they'll need to be custom made.

cheers mate!

Adz2332

Reaction score
Members Ride
R33 Skyline LS1
i was looking at the crow cam guide. defs over my head

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
i was looking at the crow cam guide. defs over my head

Just email them and send them this link.

Ask them if they have a cam with similar specs they will have one.

Adz2332

Reaction score
Members Ride
R33 Skyline LS1
they said part number 871249 in there catalogue on there site. i thought they may have gone a bit more aggressive being a track only car

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
they said part number 871249 in there catalogue on there site. i thought they may have gone a bit more aggressive being a track only car

You don't need a big aggressive cam if it's a track car. Weather it's a track car or not is irrelevant. The cam specs are based off what the heads and intake will flow and compression ratio ect ect. If you have a standard LS1 you don't need a massive lumpy cam you need the cam that will give you the most performance.

Also you should upgrade the springs, retainers, lifters and put a trunion kit in the rockers. Also if you use OE style lifters get new buckets for them.

Adz2332

Reaction score
Members Ride
R33 Skyline LS1
You don't need a big aggressive cam if it's a track car. Weather it's a track car or not is irrelevant. The cam specs are based off what the heads and intake will flow and compression ratio ect ect. If you have a standard LS1 you don't need a massive lumpy cam you need the cam that will give you the most performance.

Also you should upgrade the springs, retainers, lifters and put a trunion kit in the rockers. Also if you use OE style lifters get new buckets for them.

yer thats true! ill be doing that at the same time for sure. and also some oil fixes, with the sump and a oil accumulator
I very much doubt ill ever do head work, just the intake manifold and the exhaust, with a cam.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
If you were going to touch the heads you really should up compression and that's a full build. The way you're going if fine and if you snap a rod just buy another second handy and throw her in.

Adz2332

Reaction score
Members Ride
R33 Skyline LS1
If you were going to touch the heads you really should up compression and that's a full build. The way you're going if fine and if you snap a rod just buy another second handy and throw her in.

thanks mate!