Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 into VS step by step Guide

Gunzero

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Clubsport R8/07 D40 ST-X
I want to know if there is a step by step guide on putting a LS1 v8 into a VS this is for a project car all the work will be done by me and my mechanic so labor price doesn't matter i already have the motor,loom, computer and auto trans but need to know what else i will need and how much it will cost for the parts a Step By Step would be good

westbad

Reaction score
Members Ride
you need to contact castlemaine rod shop they sell conversion kits, this is not a bolt in mod.

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
Try a search cause im sure youll find countless threads.

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
go to calaisturbo.com and find the thread where old mate puts an LS1 into his VL circuit car, i know your's is a VS but it's pretty much the same process

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
Do u know his username on calaisturbo.com

yep. 'exec5ltrvl' a few other blokes have got threads on the same subject but this guy's is the best.

apparently some bloke by the name of 'roadwarrior' has another good thread on this over at the street commodores forum, so i've heard anyway. i havent bothered checking it out yet.

:edit: make that 'road_warrior' at SC, its the one surfwagon posted the link to but i'm not sure its workin

Last edited:

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Check out this thread on SC forum.
He even manufactures some of the parts needed as he found some of the more common conversion parts left a lot to be desired.
He also tells you what mods are needed to your K frame to make sure the engine fits with out touching anything.
Be wraned it is a long thread but well worth the look if you are serious about an LS1 conversion.
http://forum.****************.com.au/showthread.php?t=8509682

Cheers SW.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I still don't understand why Street Commodores website is blocked under the filter....

Gunzero

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Clubsport R8/07 D40 ST-X
A mate of mine said there is a place that does the full conversion would any one know where it and the name of the place i don't care how much it costs this is something i really want to do to my car so I'm going to do it regardless of how much it costs

combatantsomeone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim v6..?
Ive pretty much finished doing this conversion and it really wasnt that hard. I dont have any training and have never done an engine conversion before. Apart from the wiring/some of the exhaust ive done the whole thing myself. It is generally pretty straight forward though I wouldnt recomend using the CAE mounts/Extractors together as I had to modify mine to fit. Also with spacer plates in the engine mounts (CAE style) the K frame does not need to be cut as for me there was sufficient clearance once the spacers were installed. Send me a PM if u got any questions