Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ls1 knock sensor

Logz55

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt ss 5.7
Hey have an engine light code is front knock sensor car is running rich and surges losing heaps of power just spent 4 g on the car heard knock sensors are a 500 dollar job my car needs a tune because just had longtube extracters put on. Does anyone know if it's safe to turn the one knock sensor off in the tune of turn them both off completely cheers

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
They're pretty easy to change urself. Remove the plenium and they are located underneath.
Time to invest in a service manual.
Basic tools required.

Logz55

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt ss 5.7
Yes I would do them myself but don't have the time atm busy worker could extractors send them off?

Logz55

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt ss 5.7
Was thinking might just need a tune so they can turn the sensitivity down on the knock sensors??

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
no extractors won't set them off as they are tuned to pick up the specific frequency of knock. they sit in the valley plate and are prone to corrosion which is the most likely cause of your engine light.

Logz55

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt ss 5.7
Yeh the mechanic washed my engine could that of ####ed them and if so are they liable?