Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ls1 loud on start up with video anyone had this issue before

V8Storm

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Storm
hey guys just recently every time i start my car I hear this noise but it goes away within a few seconds

V8Storm

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Storm
Hey mate turned out it was my torque converter bolts coming loose’ I tightened them to specifications and it ran like a dream for 5 days then as I was cruising Saturday just gone I lost all my gears’ I wish I had of found the problem sooner as I feel this is half the reason my box shat itself
I thought it was motor related but it wasn’t
So this time I’ve brought a box from RVO
Thanks though mate

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Hey mate turned out it was my torque converter bolts coming loose’ I tightened them to specifications and it ran like a dream for 5 days then as I was cruising Saturday just gone I lost all my gears’ I wish I had of found the problem sooner as I feel this is half the reason my box shat itself
I thought it was motor related but it wasn’t
So this time I’ve brought a box from RVO
Thanks though mate
Hope it works out for you...

V8Storm

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Storm
Yeah hopefully It all goes well. Thanks EYY

then I can pull apart this box and see what damage I’ve actually done and if it’s worth the rebuild’ I’m thinking the pump torque converter or maybe the sunshell or ecu... since it had no gears at all....

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Didn't use Loctite?

V8Storm

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Storm
Not the first time as I told myself it was just to start the car and ild fix them up also keep in mind this was a v6 manual converted to a v8 auto
’and I did approximately 5000Ks with it’ as it was running smoth minus a ticking sound in reverse’
After the 5000k mark
It started to knock that only Happened on start ups and when turning the ute off also was slipping for about 500ks......
Then when I checked them two weekends ago’ To discover they was loose’ Put loctite on them Torqued them back up’ it ran perfect for another 1000ks no noises but a few rough gear changes then I lost all my gears? I was at 3000rpm put into 3rd and lost them all.

V8Storm

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Storm
Yeah so not using a $10 loctite 242 cost me my box ild say
Plus 2Grand cause I’m impatient I’m not waiting around and want to fix it now RVO seems pretty legit

Oh and the box would shift from 1st to 2nd at 5500rpm without changing gears