Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ls1 mail order tune

lasersailpete

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Hi i have a 2001 vxss commodore ls1 auto. a few months months ago i purchased one of your otrs and a mail order maffless tune via trademe .the results were awesome ..way exceeded my expectations in every aspect ..very very happy..i am now the proud owner of a vx11 clubsport manual ,my intention now is to put the ss back to std and use as a commuter and put the otr exhaust and maffless ecu on the clubsport other than the change in diff ratio what issues will i have being that the clubsport is manual?cheers pete.

MACE

Reaction score
Hi Pete

Thank you for your enquiry:

"a few months months ago i purchased one of your otrs and a mail order maffless tune via trademe .the results were awesome ..way exceeded my expectations in every aspect ..very very happy"
Glad to hear!

"i am now the proud owner of a vx11 clubsport manual"
Congratulations.

"my intention now is to put the ss back to std and use as a commuter and put the otr exhaust and maffless ecu on the clubsport other than the change in diff ratio what issues will i have being that the clubsport is manual?"
I would not recommend using the ECU from the SS in the clubsport as it wont agree with the car once it realizes it is equipped with the manual not the auto. You'll have several fault codes thrown resulting in the car running rough. I suggest you send us the ECU from the clubsport and we will edit it to suit the mods which you have put on it.

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Damo

lasersailpete

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Hi thanks for the info could you please give me an indication of the cost including return postage to nz if i sent you the clubsport ecu for reprograming cheers pete

MACE

Reaction score
Hi thanks for the info could you please give me an indication of the cost including return postage to nz if i sent you the clubsport ecu for reprograming cheers pete
Doh, my apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Postage would be around the $20 mark.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Steve

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I didn't think you could do the LS1? I purchased a tune and cable a couple of years ago and never actually got the tune because you couldn't do the LS1. I even contacted you a few months back and still couldn't do them then. I thought I would use the cable and tune on a 6.0L, but never had anyone want it. I still have the cable, and I believe I am still owed a tune? Apparently it's an OBDII cable.

MACE

Reaction score
I didn't think you could do the LS1? I purchased a tune and cable a couple of years ago and never actually got the tune because you couldn't do the LS1. I even contacted you a few months back and still couldn't do them then. I thought I would use the cable and tune on a 6.0L, but never had anyone want it. I still have the cable, and I believe I am still owed a tune? Apparently it's an OBDII cable.
Unfortunately we don't offer remote tunes for the LS1s at this point in time, only mail order tunes as shown in the link below. Therefore the information given a number of months back is still valid today.

HOLDEN RE-CALIBRATED MAIL ORDER COMPUTER ECU/PCM TUNE TO SUIT VT II - VY II LS1 V8 - Mace Engineering Group

At the time when the cable and tune was purchased from us, I had clearly stated that we were more then happy to offer you a full refund as we sadly could not support your application. Despite the fact that 3 years have passed since your purchase, we are still more then happy to offer you a refund given the status of the product/service in this instance.

In general we've released a number of products/services which we haven't promoted here over the past few years sadly. Fortunately though, people can put in their vehicle details in the link below giving them a detailed list of components that we have which would suit their vehicle.

Mace Engineering - Support Site

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Steve

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Hey Steve, I'm not worried at all. Not pissed either lol. Just misunderstood the post, sorry. Mixed up mail order and remote tuning.

It's been that long now, I don't think I'm too fussed about it either way. I thought I would have used it long before now, but that's the luck of the draw I suppose.