Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ls1 manifolds who to belive

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
HEY im building up a new ls1 the specs are c.o.m.e racing 232/242 cam and springs to suit, port and polished heads with 3 angle valve job,speedpro roller lifters, manley chrome oly pushrods, rollmaster trutrack timing chain and a few other bits and pieces..... But now its come down to bolting on a manifold and throttle body an im hearing so many diff sugestions i already have the ls6 manifold but im wondering if to keep this and go wit a 85mm throttle body or use the fast manifold can someone please help with susgestions what is the best thing to do is there a big gain in the fast manifold and t/b...
Also with this engine i have built does any one have any idea on hp it might put out thanks for your help guys :p :yeah:

Last edited:

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Not to be a dick, but you'll get a lot more help if you type your question up so people can read it.

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
what do you mean type the question up i have written the question i waned to ask

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
what do you mean type the question up i have written the question i waned to ask

I mean break it into readable sentences, use paragraphs, punctuation etc.

I'm not trying to sound like an English teacher, it's just really hard to read what you posted, and I know a lot of people will take one glance then just not bother with it.

If you make it easy for people they are much more likely to help than if you make them work for it :)

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
LS6 manifold will do the job just fine. bigger tb would be a good idea too.

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
I mean break it into readable sentences, use paragraphs, punctuation etc.

I'm not trying to sound like an English teacher, it's just really hard to read what you posted, and I know a lot of people will take one glance then just not bother with it.

If you make it easy for people they are much more likely to help than if you make them work for it :)

thanks mate im sorry its the first time i have posted on here thanks for your help buddy

HRT 666

Cammed 8t-body stroker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubby S2 M6
HEY im building up a new ls1 the specs are c.o.m.e racing 232/242 cam and springs to suit, port and polished heads with 3 angle valve job,speedpro roller lifters, manley chrome oly pushrods, rollmaster trutrack timing chain and a few other bits and pieces but now its come down to bolting on a manifold and throttle body an im hearing so many diff sugestions i already have the ls6 manifold but im wondering if to keep this and go wit a 85mm throttle body or use the fast manifold can someone please help with susgestions what is the best thing to do is there a big gain in the fast manifold and t/b, also with this engine i have built does any one have any idea on hp it might put out thanks for your help guys :p :yeah:

Your build sounds strong with the parts you have mentioned and should put out around 280-290ish rwkws depending what dyno you go on if its manual and a bit less if auto, FAST 92mm t-body and manifold might give you 10-15rwks and cost is around $1750 on your door step.

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
Your build sounds strong with the parts you have mentioned and should put out around 280-290ish rwkws depending what dyno you go on if its manual and a bit less if auto, FAST 92mm t-body and manifold might give you 10-15rwks and cost is around $1750 on your door step.

thats around 20rwhp $1750 is not to bad seeing as it would push the rwhp to around 410-420 but still 20rwhp is not very noticible at all when driving . . . .thanks for the help on this topic p.s nice car mate good pick :p

HRT 666

Cammed 8t-body stroker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubby S2 M6
Edit: Just remember you have head work but you dont get much from heads depending whats been done to them, so with stock heads and 232/234 around 280-290ish worked heads maybe 305ish then FAST intake maybe 315ish but like I said depends on dyno used. I like the mainline myself.

HRT 666

Cammed 8t-body stroker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubby S2 M6
thats around 20rwhp $1750 is not to bad seeing as it would push the rwhp to around 410-420 but still 20rwhp is not very noticible at all when driving . . . .thanks for the help on this topic p.s nice car mate good pick :p

20hp might not be much but when chasing hp every bit helps plus you will have better throttle responce also.