Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 missing

1_johnboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
11` VE Omega
Long story short I fitted extractors and as a side result I got a slowish idel speed. I did get the SVS warning and from reading seems two likley causes 1. oil pressure switch 2. software update required. Now. Yesterday morning on the way I developed a miss. When leaving work noticed it seemed worse. Today definatly worse. I have noticed its also running rich (both smell and black tail pipe) New O2 sensors.

The miss has got quite bad, car almost stalling and shaking the car. I have purchased another set of plugs and leads, will fit tomorrow. Ive noticed the SVS warning is coming on more often, almost coinsiding with a bad "missing period".

I`m assuming the slow idel problem has developed into this miss now.

Any thoughts on other things I could be checking. System check in the dash comes up ok.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
reset bcm?

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
new O2 sensors fitted? with proper extension leads if needed?

Alot of what im readin up on is if new sensors and new extractors, the oils inside the new extractors coat the sensors and foul them up.

The miss might be related, but reckon leads damaged to some extent if they were not changed. (they become brittle and hard due to the heat and develop cracks)

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
You didn't give the leads or plugs a wack when you fitted the extractors did you?
Guess you will find out when you do them tomorrow.

1_johnboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
11` VE Omega
yeah new O2 sensors and leads fitted, they were second hand 4into1`s. Plugs and leads were 6-9 months old prior to the headers been fitted. Given how tight of a fit they were I`m guess I probably have damaged and plug or lead.

Miss comes and goes, pipes are black as! But I guess unburnt fuel does that

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You know, I was reading the title of the thread and thought straight away, he's fitted extractors, then I opened the thread and read that exact thing....

Very common to damage a lead pulling them off, the boot pulls off the lead a bit and the core will come away from the metal connector and will cause a miss. Also, very common to crack a plug as well. Pull one lead at a time off each coil and see which one doesn't affect the idle, that will be your suspect cylinder, it will either be the lead or the plug.

1_johnboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
11` VE Omega
well new plugs and leads fitted, so far all good. Its appeared cyliners on the passanger bank 3.5 of them had gummed up plugs. I would have thought it was on the drivers side (hard side to fit the headers). So seems good. Still have the SVS warning, got a oil pressure sensor ordered, and slow idel is there. Tuner thinks he can remove that.

1_johnboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
11` VE Omega
Well, car went in to the panel beaters for 3 weeks. Got it back and missing is worse than before. I reset the computer and thought it fixed the issue. Made it better, but still have a miss (one constantly...I think, and one that comes and goes).
Car even sounds different. Just took it to holden and had tech2 ran on it to pull codes.
Pulled so signal from bank 1
something in relation to the heater of that o2 sensor
and lean on that bank

So basically knackered o2 sensor, all though only a few weeks old.

I imagine this doesn't explain the miss.

So some hints would be appreciated.

I`m guessing maybe a coil or injector. Not sure how to test for either

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
I would say replace both o2 sensors as the extractors had probably contaminated them