Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 PCV types

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Then I found a photo of a lefthand drive GTO that appears to have the PCV pipe described and posted by you guys, fitted a bit different, around the front maybe? That intake pipe is the same as mine.

Yep. Drive by wire is in front. Throttle cable is in throttle body. It could be hanging in the open, or no hose on it at all - it doesn't matter (aside unfiltered) that's the fresh air intake to supply the PCV. Its the output that's important and your passenger side rocker cover looks default to suit the pipe I posted. The drivers side will be a smaller outlet. Your inlet manifold will have a port on it that these run to with a PCV and earth strap. I'll dig you up some pictures on what it should look like. The PCV did not change on any LS1 VT2 - VZ, a blocked port is not factory

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
C57CDBF2-A748-4716-A640-10150BE4F66A.jpeg

That rubber plug is illustrated in the shape in the factory diagrams. It’s in this photo and the same on my car.

Any info you have will help

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
View attachment 223452
That rubber plug is illustrated in the shape in the factory diagrams. It’s in this photo and the same on my car.

Any info you have will help
i ended up using that extra vent as im boosted but other then that its not critical, its blocked from factory with the rubber piece and only has a very small hole in it, think the US use it more then AUS

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
63AE5439-802E-418C-9EFA-BBB2F113E6C4.jpeg

this is the only vacuum port on the manifold. That hose is a factory part. Manual describes it as foul air outlet. The PCV is mounted into the valley plate.
751825A6-15CD-4E75-B83D-61161A9E674F.jpeg

The new one.

0910ED2A-1F43-454C-B834-4C6DB3834595.jpeg

The plug on the rocker port which is identical to that illustrated in the factory manual. To me this means that rocker is not ventilated. This seems to be verified by the factory info.

9A6CFEF7-46DF-4CC7-B4DB-556B2FCA27BA.jpeg

The fresh air vent tube into the rocker cover. Connects to the intake pipe before the throttle body.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
yep that hose from valley cover to manifold is crank breather (usually the one u fit a catch can to) both rocker covers are in the same space so the drivers side going to the intake is all factory use, u could do the same thing to the other side but n/a not needed unless u were pushing big rpm

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
i ended up using that extra vent as im boosted but other then that its not critical, its blocked from factory with the rubber piece and only has a very small hole in it, think the US use it more then AUS

This. The US have less strict emissions laws which is why the plug is available but still letting the gasses out on both sides of the valley is going to be more beneficial for avoiding sludge build up in the rocker baffle. Like I said it never left the factory this way, it would have been post production

As long as one of the three ports are open then the engine can breathe and let blowby out, usually you don't want this over the same line without a catch can to prevent it sucking water and oil puss back in

I don't have stock rocker covers I just run AN10 fittings to a catch can, it breathes in and out on both sides but it doesn't breathe back in much of what it breathes out thanks to gravity. It has allowance for two lines per cover, great for big horses and boost. Ultimately the ports exist for a reason or GM could save a couple bucks per engine. If it were me I'd be running the stock line and PCV via a catch can to keep her nice and clean inside

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I found the PCV vent pipe today!! Rare spares. $30!! It’s marked as 1. in the schematic below.

1621493E-DA55-482E-9734-536C5F2A3710.jpeg

I also found an LS2 vent pipe for the passenger side for $16 new!!

It fits as the circled bit.
CCBCBEAD-3EB9-4B8A-B535-10E4FAF4F11D.jpeg

Also shows the plug on the passenger side rocker vent outlet.

The additional vent pipe is something I should be able get to mate up with the drives side one.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
No. There’s only a forward facing port at the front.
The passenger side has a port at the rear which is blanked off.
From what I make of that hose, it’s for an LS2 and routes around most of the places. The VE manual is quite vague about the routing of this passenger side vent pipe.
The Peter Page Holden image that has it circled seems to indicate to me it’s an optional thing. It too is vague about where or how it connects in behind the throttle body or into the existing hoses on the 6.0ltr. Like I said, I should be able to sort that out somehow.