Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ls1 quarter mile times.

94calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 5.7 vy ss
your ss wouldn't be stock if it's running 13's, an ss with a mafless tune is just hitting very high 13 flat 14

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
my WH caprice when it was a bog stocker ran a 14.2@98mph, and its alot heavier than your SS so id say you would get around a 14 flat

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 6l auto 239cam 3.9diff
When your cam goes in it will be low 12s :p

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
:D just got to stop being lazy and put it in haha although now with the fuel prices going up and the Aussie dollar so strong against the American dollar thinking of going a slightly bigger cam, putting some fresh pistons and rods in and doing the heads. As its definitely not going to be a daily anymore and only see weekends and long trips, talking to a couple of places to get some ideas.
And when i buy a house it definitely wont be a daily drive car as wont be as close to work as i am now, i have a 4cyl i drive to work atm so thinking of finding out what parts i need and sourcing them from the states as its cheaper than here atm and go the full lot over winter, will know in the next week or so which direction i'm going after discussions with a couple of places.

SirNemesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
WHII Statesman

FusionX

Reaction score
Depending on weather condition and what not to how quick it will run stock, but a very low 14 stock should be achievable depending on driver.

When your cam goes in it will be low 12s :p

I would be hoping for a low 11 on a cam change. Having previously had a VY SS that ran 11.95 @ 115mph on an unopened LS1

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Heh, so you're suggesting he forgot all the mods that he did, or hes just plain oblivious? :p

I did a 13.5 @ 105mph with an intake, tune and exhaust on a heavy WH. If you can't do a 14 flat with a VY SS you aren't trying hard enough.

I consider a stock motor with an aftermarket exhaust system a stocker.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I consider a stock motor with an aftermarket exhaust system a stocker.

aftermarket exhaust system isn't a stocker now is it. a stock standard car is how it rolls of the production line

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Err... It isn't going to make .2 of a second difference down the 1/4mile. And the engine is still standard.
Standard cam, compression, heads. A set of pipes isn't going to make much difference. Herp herp.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
still doesn't make it a stocker now does it. if pipes make no difference then why is it the first mod everybody does on a LSx motor?