Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ls1 quarter mile times.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
still doesn't make it a stocker now does it. if pipes make no difference then why is it the first mod everybody does on a LSx motor?

Its the 1st mod because as nemesis said people like there 8 to sound like it, an im with soop an exhaust on a stock engine is gonna do #### all to your 1/4 mile time.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
Its the 1st mod because as nemesis said people like there 8 to sound like it, an im with soop an exhaust on a stock engine is gonna do #### all to your 1/4 mile time.

i concider an exhaust on a motor to be a stocker aswell

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
The motor is standard untill you;
A: play with the tune.
B: change something internally, be it a the bottom or top end.

Changing an airfilter or exhaust system doesn't change the fact that its a standard motor.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
sorry soop i don't buy it. if i'm gonna spend some serious coin on a exhaust system i would expect some improvement other then a better exhaust note

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
tbh, i'd even go as far as saying stock is anything with an exhaust and tune...
pretty much every ls1 has gone down that road

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
sorry soop i don't buy it. if i'm gonna spend some serious coin on a exhaust system i would expect some improvement other then a better exhaust note

It is an improvement. Combined with other mods like anything else. It doesnt make .2sec difference over the 1/4 by its self though. Its still a standard motor.
Problem is, everyone thinks they can spend two bob on parts and have a missle. Doesn't work like that.

I run a 13.8 (couple years ago now) with some HM shorties and a heap of crap Xforce exhaust. The Xforce exhaust probably flowed about as well as a the standard system...

I agree ashbox.
But the tune does effect the basic opperation of the motor, so its going to make the engine perform differently. If only a little more efficiently.

jakstas

Auto Elec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 M6
Hahaha. Keep the Milkshakes comming Soupie. I like bannana :p

This forum tends to allude that power and track results are cheap, and easy. When the truth is this is far from the case.

An untuned engine, with the best intake and exhaust availible, will do 3 tenths of ####all faster down the track. Sad but true.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pretty much.
The more you look into it, the more modifying a stock motor seems pointless :p. (I'm finiky at the best of times)

Makes more sense to grab a block and start from scratch. Do it once, do it right.