Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 Rocker needle bearings -“uncaptured”

Strueth

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Monaro
Hi all - I wonder if anyone knows if these rockers in the picture are the same as late model LS1 (VZ) or does my car still have the 'uncaptured' needle bearings in the rockers? I was going to upgrade to roller rockers just to maintain the valve train geometry but they are so expensive I was just going to do the trunion upgrade instead. Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 166

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
They're just stock standard rocker arms
They're the same as every other factory LS1 rocker arm with the "uncaptured needle bearings" on the trunnion

Last edited:

Strueth

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Monaro
They're just stock standard rocker arms
They're the same as every other factory LS1 rocker arm with the "uncaptured needle bearings" on the trunnion
Thanks Matt, I thought these ones had that issue fixed. You probably just saved me a sh_tload of money.. cheers mate

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Fitting a Trunnion Upgrade Kit is good insurance against the needle bearings from the factory rocker arms going through the engine
There does seem to be some debate about whether the "Needle Bearing" or the "Bushing" style upgrade kits are the better option though
Either way whichever type you choose, at least the bushing or bearings will be retained on the trunnion by circlips

I did some research on Trunnion Upgrade Kits because I was going to fit a kit to my rockers, but in the end I just went with a set of roller rockers...…..Just a personal choice