Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ls1 runs like shite at startup at night????

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
so i do nightshift and i have a problem with my ss when i go to leave from work. i start it up and it carries on like an ass, like its seems its running on 7 cyl or something. reverse out of carpark and go to take off it jolts and pissfarts around. but if i give it some throttle it comes good and runs fine after that. any ideas? only seems to do it at night for some reason. real pain in the ass.

cheers,
Colin

TonyJZX

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore M6
missfire???

sounds like mine

i'm sure there's a bad lead or coil pack

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
afraid of the dark maybe?

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
haha afraid of the dark. maybe. i havent tried it with the lights off. i recently filled it up with bp ultimate and a bottle of injector throttle cleaner and it hasnt seemed to have done it since. (touch wood). really odd. going to get new leads and plugs and the injectors cleaned out and see how i go.

club255

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Hsv WM Grange
does it have a rough idle, and almost stalls when you go in reverse? and is there a sucking noise coming from around the throttle body area?

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
yeh it does actually.... but always has since its tune. and touch up tune.. always blamed the sound on the otr. :s sucking sound really loud only in reverse. and that disappears when i pick up speed. e.g reversing out of driveway. what do you reckon that causes that?

club255

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Hsv WM Grange
if you have the split covers on take the drivers side cover off and look for the thick pipe that runs from the throt to the back of the motor, where it connects to the throt body check if there is a split in it, it only rubber and should pop straight off, i just replaced mine with a bit of fuel hose i had lying around, since i have done that i haven't had a prob with it. hope this helps you out:)

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
if you have the split covers on take the drivers side cover off and look for the thick pipe that runs from the throt to the back of the motor, where it connects to the throt body check if there is a split in it, it only rubber and should pop straight off, i just replaced mine with a bit of fuel hose i had lying around, since i have done that i haven't had a prob with it. hope this helps you out:)

That is the PCV hose an is a common fault on the ls1 normally they split at the y piece at the back of the engine.