Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 spark plug gaps?

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Wondering what's the correct spark plug gap for a LS1.

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Cool, mine were set around the 1.3mm to 1.4mm mark.
I also bought them direct from Holden so you would assume they should be pre set. :whistling
Thanks,

vrberlina94

Reaction score
Generally they are pre gapped, but always double check em as every now and then they can be out.

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Thread dig.
Just had to add that I got a set of OEM AC delco iridium plugs for the ls1 from the states for $54.00 (set of 8) inc delivery!!!!!, that's $6.75ea, bargain.

LS1 James

Donates His Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II GEN3 V8 Wagz
Thread dig.
Just had to add that I got a set of OEM AC delco iridium plugs for the ls1 from the states for $54.00 (set of 8) inc delivery!!!!!, that's $6.75ea, bargain.

Hey mate, What website?

03VYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ute SS 5.7 M6
For any of you guys looking for spark plugs there's plenty of US vendors that offer them. You want them with a .040 gap. They came .050 from the factory before the 6.0 ls2 came along. They'll run great at .040 gap.

Check out the tr5 or tr55 for modified cars and the t6 for supercharger or turbo setups. I'll be running a t5 with a cammed ute

MarylandSpeed is a good place to start

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
seems odd that you would buy plugs from the states, why not just go to your local auto store?

03VYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ute SS 5.7 M6
Cheaper. Set of 4 plugs at your local auto store gets you a set of 8 in the states and shipped through usps in their smallest package is cheap. You save about half your money. Everyones different. Having lived in the states for 7 years I prefer to pay what they're actually worth, not paying double or triple what I could be paying. For example a tvs 1900 here is about 12k installed. I can get one for 6k ship it to myself, install it myself or hell pay someone to do it and still save a few grand