Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 Statesman WL 2006 Running Very Rich

Theguy1999

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL
Heys Guys i am new here.
I have Holden Caprice/Statesman 2005 with Stock LS1 GenIII. I am getting 8 mpg average. People said they are getting around 500 km on full tank but i am getting around 350 km. I spent a lot of money and also took car to many mechanics but they found nothing. Plugs are new but coils and wires are not. But how ignition can cause car to run too much rich ? Air filter is also new. Also there is very minor misfire that only mechanic can feel it not normal person. I have no stalling, jerking or unstable rpm issue. Even i took car to an mechanic that used tech2 and said there is no code. I told him to check readings/trims but he said there is no code which means everything is fine. Acceleration is very good but not smooth and quite because engine makes loud valve train noise like lubrication is not good. I am confused because sometimes i feel like its sensor issue. Whats your think guys does ignition issue cause to run that rich ? Tailpipe is carbon coated and exhaust is very smell is very fainting. Please guys help me i am very upset. Engine is well maintained and i do regular oil changes after every 5000 km. No oil burning or smoke issue at all .

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Ignition system in poor condition can play a massive part. I recently had a partial ignition module failure (intermittent missing and rough running), and after replacing it I now get an extra 50k's from a tank, and it's much smoother to drive too with noticeably more power.

Have you replaced the oxygen sensors?

fxxxrr

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL statesman FX holden EH holden
I have the same car 2005 V8 stato
mine was running like a bag of sh!te changed plugs and leads checked for vacuum leaks etc,
turned out to be a dirty throttle body, cleaned that and it purrs like a kitten now, and it was running so bad it would stall at lights and roundabouts if you took ya foot off the gas to quick

Plumber84

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 Holden WL Statesman International
I have the same car 2005 V8 stato
mine was running like a bag of sh!te changed plugs and leads checked for vacuum leaks etc,
turned out to be a dirty throttle body, cleaned that and it purrs like a kitten now, and it was running so bad it would stall at lights and roundabouts if you took ya foot off the gas to quick
I got the same problem at the moment, cheers.