Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ls1 to L76 swap

freefallin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina / VZ SS LS1
Got a 05 VZ SS with an LS1 engine...thinking of swapping the engine to an L76 off a VE. Will it be a straight swap, plug and play? Or is there more to it?

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
There is more to it you need to get a converter as throttle body is different the reluctor wheel is different as wellhttp://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=L460065397&Store_Code=LPE&Category_Code=C163#.UfGU98saySM

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
What's wrong with an ls1? Cam, dif gears and hi stall converter will see 11 at the drags.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
What's wrong with an ls1? Cam, dif gears and hi stall converter will see 11 at the drags.

Exactly. Why would you? Seems like you'd be doing it cause you've got nothing else to waste your money on.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy

What he said ^ spend the money on your current motor and it will be better then the stock L76 and probly cheaper then the conversion would cost

freefallin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina / VZ SS LS1
Fair nuf. But i gotta change my motor anyway cz of a bad piston ring. The difference between an ls1 and l76 is about $533 over where i am. So i figured if its going to be just a straight swap, might as well get me the 18 extra cubes.

SSV-050

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6 Speed
just cam it:idea3:

Last edited by a moderator: