Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 to VK

Mario K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
hello, I just installed a LS1 into my VK. This has been a one year project. When to start the engine, engine will not start. Last year i had the ECU re mapped by a guy in North NSW. I checked why the engine will not start - don't have spark at the plugs, there is power at the coil packs however no spark. Have replaced the crank sensor and cam sensor last week. still no luck in starting the engine. Fuel pump has power and pumping petrol. Where do i go? to resolve the issue. Tried to call the ECU guy number disconnect now.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Try noid light into injector harness to see it's getting signal or see what fault codes come up obd11

Mario K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Ok thanks GTRBoyy.
Tested injector have power with ignition on. I used my mates OBDII scanner. No errors appeared. However my mate thinks the engine needs to run for error codes to appear on his scanner. I don't believe his scanner does anything. Plugged into a different car (Wifes car) which has the dash lit up with error messages and his scanner could show any errors or reset the errors.
I checked the throttle sensor they have power as well.
I can smell fuel in the manifold, when i replaced the cam sensor. So petrol is flowing. When the engine cranks there no spark just petrol smell.
have power to the MAP sensor connections etc(These are not corrected using MAFLess tune).

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
With noid light when crank engine over noid will flash..basically saying signal is getting to ecu to tell injectors & coils when to work.

No flash no signal so then start looking at sensors etc.

vats off? tune corrupted?

For fuel pressure just unscrew cap push schrader valve in fuel rail.

Mario K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Thanks again, Easy one first have fuel pressure. With the ignition on injector has power, when cranking no signal to injector.
@gtrboyy - I replaced the crank and cam sensor, which other sensor can i check?
@achoo - I don't have a second ECU to swap.

Who can re-tune / re - map the ECU for me? I am in Regents Park (Sydney)

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Just having power at coil or injector doesn't tell you there is signal or even vats off hence noid light check when cranking engine over...also check wiring to pcm is correct 12v power & accesory power etc

For parts I buy from nearby Bebco Auto Parts run by Dr terry.

For mail order tunes I was using Joe who is Ace Performance Tuning...he was working from Auburn but now looks like he tunes at different workshops...contact through facebook seems how it's done nowadays.

Mostly used him for delco but pretty sure he does similar with ls if you get pcm to him & arrange pickup.

Prefer to try to keep everything within driving distances to keep time-frames shortest...

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The LS harness is pretty much stand alone. As long as VATS is turned off, the injectors and coils have power, it should run. I'd say VATS is still enabled in the ECU.

Mario K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
@gtrboyy - WOW Bebco is so close to my house. I wish i knew they were around before. Thanks will start using them now.
@ Not_An_Abba_Fan - will see and thanks.

I have remove the ECU and sent it to get checked. Will let you know all once i get it back. Hopefully the car will start once back, if not back to the drawing board.

Reactions: Lex

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
If you see what appears to be a clapped v6 looking vy that strangely sounds like it has an angry Ls motor...it's probably me haha