Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 tune check engine warning

robmc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Hey guys,

HooefullH this is easy to answer.

Does anyone know if a MAF-less tune will throw a check engine warning of you connected up to Maf?

I had a mail-order tune sent across from Mace for my VY SS, it was ordered as a MAF tune but I'm getting the check engine weerr when it's connected.

Strangely, the car idles fine and drives good with the Maf disconnected. I'm thinking they MAF-less tunned it.

Rob

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
mafless tune with maf connected would make it use the maf and not fail it so it wouldnt go into mafless SD mode, u will always have a code for mafless but its just not shown, is it because the IAT sensor in the maf still needs to be hooked up ? if u remove the maf u also remove the IAT sensor within and u need that sensor for mafless especially, usually a iat sensor it added separately

robmc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
I didn't disconnect any sensors or anything but I'll double check in the morning incase something was accidwntlacc knocked lose.

It's just super weird that it seems to be running fine with the MAF unplugged but then throws am error when I plug it in.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
might depend whats done to the maf table when its plugged in if its not populated because its ment to me mafless then it will do some odd things, also depends how all the parameters are set to fail there are a couple ways to do it, what are u using for a IAT sensor ?

robmc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Just the standard sensor mate. I was thinking they threw a MAF-less tune on it, hense the error.

They're not open on weekends so I'll have to wait until Monday. It's running pretty good with both it plugged in and not, doubt a Maf tune would be any good unplugged.

Hopefully it's ok driving it around until then