Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 Tune files.

SS_2004

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Hi Guys,

If someone had access to the LS1 tune files (in which would normally be configured onto your PCM via a mail order tune) and had access to the software to upload this file/tune into your PCM, would there be anything stopping you from completing this task yourself - free of charge?:thumbsup:

Has anyone tried it? Is there anything stopping you from copying a tune from a Friends upgraded (& unlocked) PCM?

Thanks & Cheers.

Curious

VooDoo

Reaction score
Website
www.oz8.org
Members Ride
HSV GTO. 408ci Stroker, LS3 top end.
Yes, safety.

Firstly how do you know a tune will suit your car? What damage will it do? Is it an auto tune or manual? SD or MAF, What fuel, what injectors, what exhaust? IS your PCM operating system the same? Is your mates tune locked? Is your car EXACTLY the same as his. Every single mod?

Would you get an image of someone elses PC and just stick it in your computer "coz theirs was faster" ?

Get it tuned by a pro and not a backyarder, you dont want to kill your car do you?

SS_2004

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
No porbs - Forgive me - I'm an Engineer :thumbsup:. Just trying to understand how it all works a little better. So, if what you are saying is correct - how does a mail order tune work? I assumed that you send the PCM away and based on the model / year / type of transmission / mods etc - they would have a tune ready which would suite? I also assumed that this file would have been complied based on the average of some number of the same car in which you are wanting the tune completed on? But again maybe I am wrong.

ringram

efilive evangalist
Reaction score
Website
www.efilive.eu
Members Ride
2007 HSV CLubsport R8 M6
If you are pretty well stock you might be fine. As mentioned if your cars varied you need to QA the tune. A mailorder tune is a guess anyway. Best thing is to get a tuning package and use it as a baseline if its close or just throw an HSV tune in even better. Take a look here for hsv tunes www.holdencrazy.com
Most guys I know with Holdens use the GTS mafless tune as a baseline.

SS_2004

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Exactly what i was after - Thanks ringram. I noticed you're a EFILive evangalist. I have seen this software - Looks fantastic. Have you had any experiance with interconnection to an LS1 Holden?

ringram

efilive evangalist
Reaction score
Website
www.efilive.eu
Members Ride
2007 HSV CLubsport R8 M6
Mucho experience as I run it myself. You can DL the full version of the software from www.efilive.com to play with and look at the tunes on the site above etc. You just cant connect to your car without the hardware part.
Ive helped a few people out with minor things like diabling vats, replacing injector flow tables, trans shifting etc.
Once you get your head around it its the best mod you can do. If you read up and follow the process you can beat the pro's as they only have a few hours to get your car 100% you have as long as you want.