Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] LS1 Turbo costs..

benjamino

needing some more undies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd + 7psi
hey guys, ive seen ls1 turbo kits from 6k up to about8or9k,
does anyone have a figure of the drive in-boost out cost of a single or twin turbo ls1 kit?
appreciated

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
first off. you will need
Valve springs changed to at least a beehive 918,at least a walbro 255l/min intake pump (recommend a 3.5ltr external surge tank with a bosch 044) 42lb injectors (60lb+ would be better) you will need it tuned as well

but taking a guess that your not fitting it yoruself i would get a ASE kit either a single/twin depends on which type of brown stain on your seat effect your after.

ASE has just introduced the LSX-800B Stealth Single Turbo Kit to suit the VT to VZ
Included in the kit are all parts for a standard installation (excluding tuning and fuel system) which covers the following list:

- Garrett GT4088 turbo
- Turbosmarts new design 38mm Wastegate
- 600x300x75 intercooler
- 3 inch intercooler piping and silicone joiners with hoseclamps
- Oil drain kit including turbo feed lines
- Header tank relocation kit
- K&N pod air filter
$5,699 + labour

or

LSTT-750 Twin Turbo Kit to suit the VT to VZ range of Commodores. Included in the kit are twin custom made stainless steel manifolds and twin Garrett internally wastegated ball bearing turbochargers. This kit has the potential to generate upwards of around 450rwkw. Another feature of the LSTT-750 is a dual entry 600x300x75 intercooler (as seen in the picture below) which is class leading. All intercooler piping and manifolds are manufactured inhouse at ASE who deliver our customers locally made products.

Black Chromate dipping is included as standard on the kit. This covers all intercooler piping, header tank, manifolds, dump pipes and air intake pipes to give the best longevity whilst maintaining a stealth look. If a customer wishes to not have the parts coated, that is no problem.

There is an option to coat all the hot parts (manifold, turbo turbine housings and dump pipes) in HPC coating for an extra $400.

Included in the kit are all parts for a standard installation (excluding tuning and fuel system) which covers the following list:

- Twin Garrett ball bearing turbochargers
- 600x300x75 dual entry intercooler
- Intercooler piping and silicone joiners with hoseclamps
- Oil drain kits
- Coolant feed lines
- Dual K&N pod air filters

For a limited time, ASE will include a set of Siemens Deka 60lb injectors to anyone who orders a LSTT-750 kit.

$8,999

Last edited:

Solid8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais LS1 Turbo
hey guys, ive seen ls1 turbo kits from 6k up to about8or9k,
does anyone have a figure of the drive in-boost out cost of a single or twin turbo ls1 kit?
appreciated

Thanks for the link there Baldric. Those costs below are a bit out of date, send me a PM if you want to know some current pricing :)

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
can they custom make you manifolds so instead of say at the top could they make them to run under neath the vehicle to pick up cooler air down low to keep them cooler?

seen this on a few ls1/ls2's lately.

Fernando _

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ ute V8
hi i have VZ SSZ ute .
i would like to get it turbo ,can anyone give me a quote on todays prices